How does gravity bend light
Does gravity bend light and how long does it take for light to cross gravity in a black hole?
You are absolutely right: Einstein's theory is that the curvature of space is locally deformed. The essence of this is captured in the spacetime metric, a mathematical tool that tells us what space looks like and what is derived from it, what is meant by a “straight path” that photons take. In the absence of a gravitational source, a photon's path is what you intuitively know as a straight line. However, at some mass concentration (e.g. a black hole, as you say) that path is bent in such a way that the mass concentration acts as a lens. This is immediately apparent from this picture from the CFHTLenS survey:
Crucial to your question I think you need to remember that photons do not experience time and their speed is the same as c, the Speed of Light. Photons are not unaffected by their movement through a gravitational field, mind you: this shows up as Gravitational redshift (for a time-varying potential) and not as a time delay (except maybe the slightly elongated path).
Also, the age of the universe is usually not measured entirely, as you say, but by estimating parameters, e.g. B. in the cosmic microwave background. The effect of the gravitational lens needs to be considered, but not in the way you think it is.
Also keep in mind that an extreme gravitational field like that of a black hole is relatively rare, and even if it delays the photon by 1000 years, it is still, in your view, a tiny fraction of the age we would be. shut down; The photon would have to hit a lot of such black holes for this "effect" (which does not occur) to have a major impact.
In general, you seem to have some (interstellar induced?) Misunderstandings about the universe, but I guess I can't address that here.
- What are learning skills
- What do watchmakers think of Apple Watch
- Smoking cigarettes affects your skin
- What is the occult elite
- When is Black Friday in America
- Why is computer science the best major
- Is STEM superior to the humanities
- Why does my bedroom smell like sleeping
- How do I control triglycerides naturally
- Does love need a relationship
- Who influenced William Faulkner
- Academic articles are useless in business
- What are some low fat diet foods
- What is humanitarian intervention
- What is Bitcoin Vault BTCV
- Muscles arouse women sexually
- What is B2C travel agency software
- How do you correct this sentence
- Who were Matthew Mark Luke and John
- Is quantum communication possible
- Have you ever eaten deer meat
- Are grapes used in grape soda
- Dropshipping is allowed on eBay and Amazon
- What should I know about missionary work
- How do you become a partner 1
- Is Byjus good for the GMAT 1
- Can people control their subconscious
- What love means is love
- Which are the international airports in Malaysia
- Is bacon bad for gout
- Are There Any Benefits To Being Fat?
- What happens when a eunuch masturbates
- Should I visit Pakistan for tourism