How to write 360 in numbers
The most important Roman numerals (numbers, numerals, numerals), the symbols on the basis of which the rest of the numbers in Roman script are built:
I = 1 (one); V = 5 (five);
X = 10 (ten); L = 50 (fifty);
C = 100 (one hundred);
D = 500 (five hundred);
M = 1,000 (one thousand);
For larger numbers:
(*) V = 5,000 or | V | = 5,000 (five thousand); see below why we prefer: (V) = 5,000.
(*) X = 10,000 or | X | = 10,000 (ten thousand); see below why we prefer: (X) = 10,000.
(*) L = 50,000 or | L | = 50,000 (fifty thousand); see below why we prefer: (L) = 50,000.
(*) C = 100,000 or | C | = 100,000 (one hundred thousand); see below why we prefer: (C) = 100,000.
(*) D = 500,000 or | D | = 500,000 (five hundred thousand); see below why we prefer: (D) = 500,000.
(*) M = 1,000,000 or | M | = 1,000,000 (one million); see below why we prefer: (M) = 1,000,000.
(*) These numbers were written with an overline (a bar at the top) or between two vertical lines. Instead, we prefer to write these larger numbers in brackets, e.g. "(" and ")", because:
- 1) Compared to the line above - It is easier for the computer users to add brackets around a letter than to add the overline and
- 2) when compared to the vertical lines - it avoids any possible confusion between the vertical line "|" and the Roman numeral "I" (1).
(*) One line above the symbol, two vertical lines or two brackets around the symbol mean "1000 times". See below...
(*) The logic of the digits written in brackets, ie: (L) = 50,000; The rule is that the original number, in our case L, was multiplied by 1,000: L = 50 => (L) = 50 × 1,000 = 50,000.
(*) Initially, the Romans did not use numbers greater than 3,999; As a result, they didn't have symbols in their system for these larger numbers, they were added later; different notations have been used for them, not necessarily the ones we just saw above.
(*) The largest number that could be written with Roman numerals was initially:
- Why is Indonesia important to China
- What are the best kitchen knives
- What is a balanced diet 2
- How does a socialist economy grow?
- Could a genetic mutation cure cancer diabetes etc.
- Which is the best flavored cake
- What are alternatives to Everlane
- Is weirdly considered cool
- What's the problem with singapore
- How did you find your dropshipping niche?
- How high are high cheekbones
- What is the afterlife in heaven
- Which images best represent economic inequality?
- Can Ghanaian men marry American women
- Can you live in a car
- Light loses energy in a vacuum
- Has protectionism ever worked
- How much oxygen is in water
- What are the best thanksgiving dishes
- Which person can no one really refuse
- What are big data and sparks
- Who invented the golden rules of accounting
- Why are hyacinth macaws so expensive
- Are running shoes actually needed to run?