What is the most useless battle
Cite this publication
Klaus-Jürgen Bremm, 1866 (2016), WBG, Darmstadt, ISBN: 9783806232882
Tracked since 05/2018
Description / abstract
The German-German War of 1866 was the decision in the struggle for supremacy between Prussia and Austria. The climax of the war was the victory at Königgrätz on July 3rd 150 years ago. Bismarck's coolly calculating realpolitik and Moltke's outstanding strategic ability led Prussia to victory - that is the popular view.
Indeed, victory in Bohemia was not inevitable. Prussia's triumph actually meant giving up the dream of German unity. It paved the way to the German Empire, but in its small German solution.
Klaus-Jürgen Bremm describes all aspects of this war: He examines the prehistory as well as the way into the escalation and the actual course of the battle; the warfare under the sign of the latest weapon technology achievements as well as the fighting on the Italian theater of war. In addition, it shows the reception of the events in the various participating states - Austria, Germany, Italy. It is a war that decisively influenced the further development of Europe.
German War 1866: On July 3, Prussia defeats the Austrian army in the Battle of Königgrätz. It is the coldly calculated triumph of Bismarck, the decisive step on the way to the German Reich. But it is also the swan song for the dream of German unity. Klaus-Jürgen Bremm describes the history, course and effects of this war.
Klaus-Jürgen Bremm is a historian specializing in military history and a publicist. He published numerous successful non-fiction books.
Table of Contents
I. The way to war
A missed opportunity - The German Confederation of 1815
Bismarck and the trauma of Olomouc in 1850
Italy and the Risorgimento 1815–1866
Reforms without a goal - Austria's army from 1848–1866
Between the spiked bonnet and the needle gun - Prussia's army as a pillar of political reaction and the spearhead of modern war
II. Decision in just six weeks - Custoza, Königgrätz, Langensalza and Lissa
Start of the great war - calculations and planning
Prussia's campaign against Hanover and Electorate Hesse - basic features of a new image of war
In Radetzky's footsteps - Austria's victory in the second battle of Custoza
Useless respect for the Hanoverians - the battle of Langensalza
Forward according to the old custom - Nachod, Trautenau, Skalitz and Gitschin
Königgrätz - The Prussians in the neck and the Elbe in the back
Advance on Vienna
The operations of the Prussian Main Army in southern Germany
Italian epilogue - Austria claims the Trentino and Isonzo line
III. The redesign of Central Europe
The "revolution from above" - a monarchist overthrows monarchies
1866 - Triumph of the Hungarians and trauma of the German-Austrians
Nation state or federation? - Was there no alternative to the establishment of a military empire for Bismarck?
About the author
About the content
- How do I cook like a pro
- Is traditional marketing still effective in 2020
- What are your preferred downgraded collapsed answers
- How would you improve online dating apps
- What did you take for granted
- Which country prints money
- What percentage of Indonesians never get married today?
- Is Tulsi Gabbard a socialist
- What is gauge pressure
- What is the most powerful oral antibiotic
- Is sadness more common than joy
- Black men like black women
- What are some famous startups in Malaysia
- How does obesity affect cognition
- What are some unfair school rules
- How to say Japan in Japanese
- Are underground mining trucks legal?
- Why are most of our politicians old?
- Why Most Mexicans Look Good
- Can watching TV series be a hobby?
- Is a visit to Australia worth my time
- How to use Jetpack WordPress
- Is it Quora that really needs to be improved
- How can I completely forget my childhood
- Why is spam so salty
- Why website speed is so important
- What do people always forget to clean?
- What is the value of 254
- Italian names have root word meanings
- What is Canadian French
- What is the best bike for delivery work
- What is the origin of the Japanese