How can a gun harm people
Fear of crime and the desire for self-protection
It is known from criminological research that it is not primarily the objective security situation that increases the measurable fear of crime, but rather a disproportionately frequent and emotionally charged reporting of crimes that “could affect everyone”. This means that in times when certain areas of crime such as burglary or terrorist attacks are omnipresent in the media, certain parts of the population fear that they will also become victims. Among these is a group that wants to combat this increased fear by purchasing a firearm.
According to media reports, there are more and more people in Switzerland who are getting a firearm for self-protection. This behavior is justified with a (subjectively perceived) feeling of insecurity, especially with regard to burglars or terrorist attacks.
The fact that, on the one hand, the number of burglaries has not increased and is hardly ever broken into when the residents are present and, on the other hand, a weapon at home cannot do anything against an act of terror, does not seem to work as an argument.
From a police and preventive point of view, we strongly advise against purchasing a firearm for self-protection! The handling of a firearm must be practiced regularly and a weapon can quickly be snatched from inexperienced hands and used by the attacker against you.
- Would people post REVIEW with a selfie
- Why money is more important than humanity
- Can US Army soldiers see their documents?
- Can a Muslim go to church
- How do I see deleted instgram messages
- What is 2 5 faculty
- What Gatorade is keto-friendly
- A steam generator can be called a motor
- Murder What poisons can kill people
- What defines bullying in the Australian workplace
- Eats a healthy salad every day
- How to use Jetpack WordPress
- The Black Friday sale is actually worth it
- What does it mean to rate rubrics
- What's wrong with hong kong
- Which 3 exercises improve my volleyball
- Which countries start with the letter G.
- What are some interesting financial hacks
- Why are celebrities so greedy
- Why are western media increasingly for China
- Which game should I stream
- What if Malaya joined World War II?
- What is emotional intelligence
- What can affect male fertility