What is a professional player
What does everyday work look like?
9.45 a.m.After a relaxed breakfast, you sit down at your desk, where you have set up your gaming equipment with two monitors and a PlayStation 4. First you check your e-mail inbox on your computer. Among other things, you are waiting for the confirmation of your team manager for the planned training camp before the EU final of the “Call of Duty World League” (CWL). Instead, you will find two requests for cooperation from manufacturers for pro gaming controllers, which you put on the back burner for now.
10:15 amBefore you play yourself, check out some of the current CWL matches from top teams. You pay particular attention to the way you play the so-called anchor - the role that you play in your team. This acts rather passively and secures its own spawn point from the opponents.
11:15 a.m.Then you switch on your console and start the latest offshoot of the “Call of Duty” series. You play a few rounds of “Deathmatch” and “Free for All” against random opponents from the lobby. Here you work on your target accuracy at medium to long range in order to give the best possible support as a defensively oriented anchor player and to be able to eliminate opponents at an early stage.
2:15 p.m.After almost 4 hours, you first have to take a short break and quickly cook something to eat.
3 p.m.In the afternoon you have an appointment with your colleagues for team training. You connect via voice chat and chat for a few minutes on private topics. Then your team leader will take the floor. He explains to each and every one of you how he imagines the different roles. Today's goal is to improve the agreements and announcements about who is securing which part of the map and where opponents are moving.
3:30 p.m.Now you play a few rounds of “Hardpoint” against the friendly ESL team “Dominant”. For 60 seconds you have to hold one of five alternating positions until you have finally reached 250 points or the time has run out.
7:00 p.m.At the end of the last game, the team captain will give you detailed feedback. Overall, you communicated more with each other and were able to pass on important information, some of which even brought you game-decisive advantages.
8:05 pmFor today you have completed your training quota, so that you happily switch off the console. To clear your head for a bit, you can meet up with your friends for a beer in town.
- High responsiveness
- Very good hand-eye coordination
- Enjoy playing with other gamers
- Ambition to constantly improve
- Extensive understanding of the game
- Good English knowledge
The esports industry has been booming for years and offers you exciting new professions and fields of work. How about a career as a manager, for example, to market gaming events and promote the development of esports in Germany? With the eSport Manager distance learning course from WINGS distance learning, you are optimally prepared for this.
In 5 months you will train yourself comfortably from home and learn how to finance and promote e-sports and how to distribute it in the media. In addition, you will gain practical know-how in order to set up and organize your own e-sports teams both at well-known professional clubs and at amateur clubs.
WINGS distance learning supports you at any time with video lectures, online tutorials and test tasks. For all other questions about your distance learning, a coach is available to help and advise you.
What does an e-athlete do?
What are the job prospects?
The career prospects of an e-athlete are difficult. On the one hand, this is due to the fact that it is a very fast-moving industry and the future can therefore only be predicted to a limited extent. On the other hand, as an e-athlete, for example, you need a high level of responsiveness, which is why your career usually ends at a certain age. During this time you gain a lot of experience, but this does not qualify you for a specific job outside the scene. That's why you shouldn't neglect your professional training. Sometimes there is also the possibility of continuing to work in the esports sector as a trainer or manager.
What qualities should I have?
What specializations are there?
- Accessible to everyone
- Young average age of professional players
- Lots of viewers, as it can be transmitted over the Internet
- Additional earnings possible via video and streaming portals
Did you already know, that ...
- ... e-athletes received several million dollars for a tournament victory in the action strategy game “Dota”?
- ... the shooter “Counter Strike” was originally just a modification of the game “Half-Life” that fans designed in their spare time?
- ... ambitious e-athletes train up to 16 hours a day and try to use the rest of the day for friends, family, hobbies and sleeping?
- ... e-sports could be part of the athletes' program at the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris?
These soccer teams have an esports team
FC Schalke 04
FC Schalke 04 is the only Bundesliga team that not only runs its own FIFA team, but is also involved outside of virtual football. In mid-2016, the Royal Blues took over the “League of Legends” team “Elements”, which competes in the corresponding “League of Legends Champions Series”. (Image: Pixabay)
VfB Stuttgart has also recognized that e-sports and gaming represent a rapidly growing market. Since 2017 they have been sending two FIFA players themselves, the experienced Erhan “Dr. Erhan ”Kayman and newcomer Marcel“ Marlut ”Lutz, in the electronic competitions. & Nbsp; (Image: Pixabay)
VfL Wolfsburg is considered to be the pioneer among football clubs that also have a professional esports team. A FIFA team was created back in 2015 and currently has three players. In addition, the club offers its visitors on the stadium grounds the opportunity to pick up the controller for a game themselves. & Nbsp; (Image: Pixabay)
RB Leipzig not only surprised its fans with its general involvement in the e-sports scene. The newly signed Cihan Yasarlar is also a well-known player who can already look back on a championship in the Virtual Bundesliga and the FIFA ESL League. Nobody won both titles in a year before. & Nbsp; (Image: Pixabay)
What speaks for the job
- You can turn your hobby into a job
- At big tournaments you can expect high prize money
- Large and complex events
- Support from fan base
- No special training required
What speaks against the job
- Short career as a player
- No professional experience
- Long working days
- What do people think of Filipinos
- What is Downtown known for?
- Can diabetic insulin needles be reused?
- What if photons were bigger
- Why was the Roman Empire so important
- Is Chile a developed country
- Why do athletes take glucose tablets
- Why were handguns issued to Russian cosmonauts
- Who takes care of you at home
- What do you think of Plato's dialogues
- How do I calculate the IRR
- The Alkaline Diet Is Scientific
- What is a Tumblr URL
- Walmart takes a drug test
- Will the dominance of Wordpress CMS continue
- What's the best website for learning SQL
- Walmart takes a drug test
- What are the most profitable websites
- Will women inspire men
- Ultrasonic jewelry cleaners really work
- When will people stop asking questions?
- The space expands the evidence of dark matter
- How do some people love to lie?