What are some negative effects of refugees
Positive effects of refugees on the economy
Hippolyte d'Albis' team of scientists from the Paris School of Economics evaluated economic and migration data from 1985 to 2015 for its study. In their analyzes, they took into account figures from 15 Western European countries - including those that were hardest hit by refugee movements, such as Austria.
Earlier studies focused primarily on the economic effects of migration aimed at permanent residence. The group of those who flee their home countries due to war or other threats has received less attention. In their study, the scientists applied a model with which the economic response to unexpected external events ("shocks") can be mapped. This could be used, for example, to calculate the consequences of deeper demographic changes on public finances.
"Our estimates show that these shocks have positive effects on European economies: They increase GDP per capita, reduce unemployment and improve the balance in public finances," the researchers write. The additional expenditures for refugees by the public purse would be "more than compensated" by higher tax revenues.
In the case of asylum seekers, however, it takes some time for the positive effects to materialize, it continues. It takes around three to seven years after a refugee crisis for positive effects in GDP to materialize.
The authors of the study argue that the events of the recent past should be viewed more as an "opportunity" and less as a "crisis". "We do not want to deny that large flows of refugees to Europe bring with them major political challenges - both in the countries and in the coordination between them," emphasize the researchers. The "cliché" that migration and flight represent above all an economic burden for receiving countries should in any case be critically examined.
- Who lit the fire of Notre Dame Cathedral
- How would this stop gun violence?
- What are some good guest posting websites
- Are there vegetarians in Korea
- You can retire to 750,000
- What is the disadvantage of the vacation economy
- How can the privacy settings of Quoras be improved
- What Makes Ecommerce Websites Trustworthy
- What are the types of marketing emails
- Hate white Chinese
- Where are Trump's taxes
- Why shouldn't I join the Indian Army?
- Everything is really possible
- Is High Working ADHD Real
- Is KFC good for young children
- What are the lifelong employment contracts
- Is colonization true on Mars?
- Is Alien Interview real or joke
- Why do people make fun of vegans
- How does your personality affect others?
- What is a fulfilled life
- What's the best cold email funnel
- Why am I so fat and ugly
- Are amputees allowed in prison prostheses