Somalia is a good place to visit

Site navigation and service

This content is also available on

Would you like to know whether you can take part in an integration course, what the integration course will cost you and how you can find the right course? Find out here.

Who can participate?

You can take part in the integration course if you are asylum seekers with good prospects to stay (Eritrea, Syria, Somalia), asylum seekers who are close to the job market and who entered the country before August 1, 2019, tolerated persons with a tolerance according to Section 60a, Paragraph 2, Clause 3 of the Residence Act or holders of a residence permit according to Section 25, Paragraph 5 of the Residence Act.

What do you have to do if you want to participate?

Application for Admission

If you belong to one of the groups mentioned above, you can apply for admission to the integration course at the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees.

You can download the application for admission under Download. Send the completed application to:

Federal Office for Migration and Refugees
Unit 83E
90343 Nuremberg

Obligation to participate

If you are an asylum seeker, you can also be required to take part in an integration course in addition to being admitted by the Federal Office. If you have been required to attend an integration course, please register for a course immediately.

You can find more information on this in the information sheet on integration courses for obligated persons, which you can download at the end of this page.

If you have been signed up, it is important that you attend the integration course. If you do not participate, your benefits can be reduced.

Legal bases

What does it cost to take part in the course?

Participation in the course is free.

Registration with a course provider

If you have received your approval for the integration course (certificate of eligibility) from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees or have been obliged to participate in the integration course, please register with an integration course provider.

You can find an integration course provider near you using the BAMF-NAvI search engine, for example.

Alternatively, you can ask the immigration office or the migration advice center for a list of integration course providers in your area.

On-site consultation

Where can I find an integration course near me?

Where can I find a migration advice center in my city?

Where are integration projects?

BAMF-NAvI leads you to diverse integration offers close to home.

To the geographic information system

What's next?

The course provider will carry out a placement test with you to check how well you can already speak German. This placement test helps the integration course provider to find a suitable course for you. He also tells you when the next course starts.

Pilot project control

The Federal Office is currently testing a new procedure at 24 project locations to quickly get people who are entitled or obliged to take part in an integration course to an integration course.

If you live at one of these project locations, the Federal Office can refer or assign you to a specific course provider:

  • The Federal Office can refer people who are entitled or admitted to the integration course to a specific provider with a suitable course offer. You are then asked to attend the relevant course.
  • The Federal Office can assign persons who are obliged to take part in an integration course directly to an institution with a suitable course offering. Anyone who is assigned to an integration course is obliged to attend this course.

In both cases, the Federal Office ensures that the courses are easily accessible for the participants and that they start early.

You can find more information about the pilot project in the right column under the keyword "Holistic integration course management".