How do I thank someone
Say thank you: 5 tips and 50 examples of all kinds of thank-you notes
You can say thank you on many occasions. Choosing the right word is not always easy. We have selected good tips and many examples of thank you notes so that you too can find the right words for every type of thank you.
Say thank you honestly - 5 tips
As a child it was like a shot because we were taught that when you get something, you have to say thank you. Unfortunately, this exemplary behavior subsided a little in adulthood. Many people find it uncomfortable to say thank you. It is, after all, still a personal and often even an emotional matter. For this reason, many people thank them with sayings, poems, quotes or small gifts. In this chapter we give you valuable tips on what to consider when saying thank you.
Occasions to say thank you
First of all, whenever someone does something nice for you, you can always say thank you. If you want to express general thanks (for friendship, support and so on), official occasions are also suitable. Your thanks will make a special day even more beautiful. Christmas, New Year, birthdays and Father's or Mother's Day are particularly suitable. We will come to all possible types and occasions for a thank you later in the chapter with our numerous examples.
Speech files: There you go - thank you
It is one of the general social conventions and the cultivated courtesy label to react to certain utterances in a certain way. Since the majority of us live in an unisolated community of speakers, the so-called determine Speech acts our everyday life. They make us react to statements like “Thank you” / “Thank you” with “Please feel free” / “You're welcome” and vice versa.
So that the thanks do not appear dishonest or automated, we also show gratitude with our facial expressions and gestures. Since there are no facial expressions or gestures in a written saying, it is important that you write out the thanks and not paraphrase. An example of this would be "I just wanted to thank you for your support in looking for an apartment." instead of "It was cool of you that you were there when I was looking for an apartment." In everyday life there are an infinite number of situations in which an automated thank you is given (for example in the supermarket when you get your change). It is all the more important to set your thank you, which comes from the heart, apart from the everyday thank you.
The power of the word "thank you"
The little word “thank you” can do a lot. It helps us a lot in social coexistence and costs nothing except - for some people - a little overcoming. In a relationship, at work, and also in families, it is important to appreciate the other. By saying thank you, we convey respect and show that the performance of our counterpart cannot be taken for granted. The balance of give and take is very important for a communal life.
This is how you can say thank you
You can of course say thank you in person or by phone to good friends or people you see often. Thank you sayings or other small texts are wonderfully suitable for Facebook, WhatsApp, SMS and Co. Even today, some thank you cards or letters are still sent by post. Post is quite common, especially after weddings or condolences.
Say thank you with a gift
Say thank you with a gift
Of course, if you want to say thank you for something, you can always rely on the good old classics: flowers, an invitation to dinner, chocolate and wine. But now there are countless other options. For example specially made goodies that you can give away as a thank you. They're not particularly expensive and make a great addition to a thank you card. Something that you have cooked or baked yourself is also a nice gesture as a thank you.
Of course you can also make a present. This shows that your thanks really come from the heart. The person is valued for your efforts and is likely to be even happier than something you've bought. For example, you could buy a small book and write what you want to say thank you for on each page. There is often something ready-made for friends, mothers and other people who are close to you. However, it is much nicer if you do it yourself and, for example, glue in photos.
Thank you for every occasion - 50 examples
There is a suitable thank you saying for every kind of occasion. Depending on the occasion, there are a few things to differentiate and to consider. The personal relationship and the reason for which you want to thank play an important role. We have made a division for you and give you a better overview of your options.
For professional contacts
Say thank you for professional contacts
Be careful when saying thank you for professional contacts. You certainly don't want your thanks to appear too thick. It should correspond to the occasion, but not be intrusive. Colleagues should thank each other more often. Especially when you have successfully worked together in a team, it is beneficial to praise and continue this social structure.
Even bosses are welcome to say thank you more often than is perhaps the norm these days. Of course they shouldn't throw it around, after all, it's supposed to be something special. But when the work of the employees is particularly good from time to time, it is immensely motivating when a thank you is expressed. Advertisers can also always be diligently thanked for their cooperation. However, it is enough to do this once a year (e.g. Christmas / New Year) and not overwhelm you with thank you. Below are examples of bosses, employees, colleagues, and advertisers.
- My dear co-workers,
It's Christmas and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the good cooperation. We are a great team, I appreciate that.
- Dear colleagues,
we are well. We always encourage each other.
That's the only way we made it and the project was laughed at!
Thank you for the great cooperation.
- For the New Year, I wish you all the best for your company, health and happiness. I look forward to working with you in the future and would like to thank you for the trust you have placed in us.
- We wish our boss all the best for the holiday, because he is the best.
We feel at home with you and thank you for your trust in our work. Your employees wish you a Happy New Year.
- My dear colleagues,
I wish you all a Merry Christmas,
have a good new year and get ready:
Because in the new year
we are of course highly motivated again, that's for sure!
At the end of the year and at Christmas
Christmas and New Year's Eve: The festival of love and the end of the year united - the so-called end-of-the-time mood triggers the need to say thank you in many people. You review the year and think about everything that shaped it. Who helped them and who did they lose touch with? What decisive experiences did you have and what should be done better in the new year? Certainly one or the other has already decided in the last year to maintain their contacts better or to be more attentive to small gestures. At Christmas and New Years you will have the opportunity to keep these resolutions and show gratitude. You can write thank-you notes on cards and either tie them to a present or send them by post for Christmas and New Year's Eve.
- Christmas is the Celebration of Love,
That's why I'm writing to a little thief.
You took my heart to you
you cherish and care for it well.
For this reason you should get a present
You give me courage again.
Thanks for being the best friend.
- D, like Christmas decoration
A, like Advent wreath
N, like chocolate Santa Clauses
K, like the log fire that burns in our house on Christmas Eve
E, like the angels posted all over the house.
THANK YOU for making every Christmas special.
- I would like to thank you for a few things today:
Thank you for the snow today.
Thanks for not having the flu.
Thank you that the family is together.
And thank you for being my mother.
I love you.
- Hey cheers, it's New Years! I want to say thank you, my friend is just wonderful.
- Thank you for being there for me during this difficult year. I hope you have a quiet and stress-free evening. I will always have in my heart what you did for me.
Say thank you for your birthday
Say thank you for your birthday
The birthday - the day on which the birthday child is celebrated and only beautiful things to say and receive as gifts. Many also call it a special day. So, if you want to pay tribute to someone, you can do it with a birthday thank you message. Write it on a small gift tag or have it accompany your text on the birthday card. Why do you value this person in your life and why does he deserve your pleasure? For inspiration, we have some thank you notes here for you.
- Today is your special day - I say thank you because I like you so much.
- You should live high, for your birthday I would like to thank you. You have always been a great friend. Stay the way you are
- Dear Ms. XY, I would like to thank you on your birthday for accompanying me through school so patiently and lovingly. Stay the way you are. (To the former teacher)
- We continue into a new year of life. I still remember yesterday when you were just a year old. You always made me laugh, thank you my child, you performed a miracle.
- All the people gathered around you today are grateful. Grateful that you are in their midst. I am among them - thankful that I can be with you today and that I can count you among my dearest people in this world.
Funny thank you notes
Funny thank-you notes can be ironic. Just make sure that the person you are giving the spell to understands fun. If someone knows you well and knows how to assess you, you have nothing to fear. Funny sayings help you when you actually want to say thank you, but you are still reluctant to express it clearly. The point behind these sayings is that they are meant seriously in a certain way, but sound so banal or exaggerated that the original thanks fades into the background.
- Thank you mom for making me such a wonderful child.
- Thanks for calling you at four in the morning last night and you didn't fall asleep.
- Thank you for always trying so hard when cooking.
- Thank you grandma, your chicken soup is the best!
- With or without a bean, your stew is not without it. You bring it with you every birthday. It's time I said thank you for that.
For Mother's Day
Mother's Day is always the second Sunday in May - a perfect opportunity to say thank you to your mom with a Mother's Day saying. Of course, it is also appropriate to appreciate the mother's work and help every day. After all, in our childhood she did something for us every day. In the following we have selected a few thank-you sayings for Mother's Day.
- Mom, I thank you. Thank you for your great upbringing. Thank you for your patience.
- Today, due to Mother's Day,
I thought I'd say thank you.
- Thank you for making me laugh when I feel like crying.
- For years you have been struggling with my laundry
now it's time: I'll step into the breach for you.
You are welcome to lie down today,
I serve you and want to show you something.
I love you and thank you
as you do me, I will help you now!
- Long out of its infancy,
I still like to think back.
Thank you very much today, Mama
for carefree happiness for children!
Thank you for a gift
Who does not know the famous song by Udo Jürgens in the intro by Tom and Jerry “Thank you very much for the flowers, thank you very much, how nice of you…“ And we learned it that way for a reason. A thank you shows appreciation and makes people happy to give something away. After all, small gifts should also be rewarded. Thanking shows us that it is worth making an effort for a person, that he notices it and does not take it for granted. You can say thank you for any kind of gift, we have compiled some examples for you here.
- Christmas greetings:
Thanks for your Christmas card. I thought ’I'll send you one back and tell you with a saying: You are an important part of my happiness.
Thank you for the lovely voucher, it will probably still be alive - the piggy bank.
Thank you very much for the flowers,
thank you very much, how dear of you
sometimes life likes to play cat and mouse with you,
there will always be, one of them will trick you,
Thank you very much for the flowers,
thank you very much, how dear of you,
red roses bloom and are only souvenirs,
the mimosas bloom like a smile from you,
autumn crooks bloom, they say comfortingly to me,
what does it matter if I lose once.
Thank you very much for the flowers,
Thank you very much, how nice of you.
Thank you for being there for me after losing my startup. Not everything can go smoothly in life. After all, I got these flowers from you!
Thanks for the beautiful earrings for Christmas. I think of you every time I wear it. You just know me so well and you know what I like. You are a great friend.
Dear papa, it had to be urgent. Thank you for having a nice glow for my birthday.
Omi, I love your homemade cakes. I still remember that in the past I could hardly bear not trying the dough raw. Thank you for bringing it for me on all special occasions and for singing a melodic serenade for my birthday.
Dear mom, thank you for the new pants, for Mother's Day there's a bouquet of roses for you. I love you every day and I wanted to say thank you.
Say thank you with a quote
General wisdom can also say thank you. If you are at a loss for your own words, quotes are the best solution. By using them, they make it clear that you agree with them. It is, of course, all the nicer if you write your own little text with the quote that explains what exactly you are grateful for. The more precise your thanks, the more it touches people. Now a couple of examples for you. But you can also use your own quotes (for example from you and your best friend or your grandma).
- In a grateful heart, there is eternal summer.
(Celia Layton Thaxter)
- No guilt is more urgent than giving thanks.
(Marcus Tullius Cicero)
- After “love”, “help” is the most beautiful verb in the world.
(Bertha von Suttner)
- Grateful people are like fertile fields;
they give back what they have received tenfold.
(August von Koetzebue)
- We all live spiritually from what humans have given us in meaningful hours in our lives.
- It is a praiseworthy custom: whoever gets something good also thanks them.
- Not the lucky ones are grateful. It is the grateful who are happy.
- Waste your time with all sorts of questions, but not those to say thank you.
- Many misunderstandings arise from the fact that a thank you is not expressed, but only felt.
(Ernst R. Hauschka)
- The more beautiful and full the memory, the harder the separation is. But gratitude turns the memory into a silent joy.
Say thank you with a poem
A poem is particularly suitable for poetics fans to say thank you. In particular, people of the older generation grew up reading numerous poems in school and feel a connection with them. Rhymes can also help you say thank you jokes. Either you write a letter poem, as in the following example, or you come up with a few simple rhymes that will help you with the rest of the formulation. We have some ready-made poems that you can use as a guide.
For the letter technique, you can use any word that suits the occasion. If you just want to say thank you, choose the word “thank you”. Is someone's birthday? Choose the person's name. Is it your mother Take the word "mom".If it's Christmas time, you can even use the word “reindeer”. As long as you express thanks with the content of your letter poem, it doesn't really matter which word you use.
D. - You are just great
A. - Working with you is the most fun
N - You never gave up courage
K - Sure, you were always there for me
E. - Honestly, I just want to say thank you
L. - Your way is loving - Thank you.
I. - You are always there for me - Thank you.
S. - I'm so glad I have you - Thank you.
A. - Everything is possible with you by my side - Thank you.
N - Nikolaus, you used to play that for me
I. - Whenever I was sick you carried me to bed.
K - I learned to play the piano from you too.
O - Without the rest of the family, we played cards every Sunday.
L. - Your upbringing was loving.
A. - Nice at Christmas, I was only because of you.
U - Surprised to find out that you were hidden behind the white beard.
S. - So I want to say thank you for your trouble, papa. I love you!
Short poems to say thank you
Now a few ready-made poems that you can write on a thank you card or that will help you to find inspiration for writing poems on your own. You can also write down / print out your poem and frame it as a gift. Or it forms the cover of your thank you card and you write your own text on it.
- Saying thank you in the form of a poem
Usually it's not an obligation.
But it makes a difference
has rhymes and impresses more.
- I just want to say thank you
for all the laughter on rainy days
for your understanding in need,
for all the subjects without a ban.
I can talk to you about anything
and say thank you for your life.
- I thank you for all the beautiful gifts.
When I'm thinking about it
I am really not missing a piece
more to the great luck.
It's so nice to have you here
I would like to carry you in my arms.
You need to be a registered member to rate this.Loading ...
- Which channel is the Food Network on
- What is the bike used for?
- How do I look like a Japanese
- We prepare great moderators for a great presentation
- Australians eat snakes
- How can we control our emotions
- Stomach cancer is difficult to cure
- Sociolinguistics What does language say about culture?
- Should I invest in gold through Augmont?
- Why are most gun owners conservative
- Why do tourists like Sri Lanka
- Which is better Abu Dhabi or Dubai
- How does marketing affect customer benefit 1
- Which game should Rockstar Games do next?
- What are FAANG companies
- How many US states border an ocean
- Why am I so ugly and disgusting
- Cleaning too much is a nuisance
- What can change the resistance in a circuit
- Why do people envy a good person
- Which is tastier beef or mutton
- Where can I play the game of poker
- Could space-time exist in quantum form?
- Takes time energy to move forward