What's more important than intelligence
10 success factors that are more important than intelligence
In contrast to intelligence, we can do ours Change traits and traits. That's why - the older we get - they play for Career and success an increasingly important role. “We all smoked at school, and now look at us!” - that's the refrain of the song “Stay in School” by the band Trailerpark.
It is less of a fact whether we smoked at school our intelligence to do - there are just too many smart smokers for that, right? For example, one can certainly know and understand that and why smoking is unhealthy (= intelligence). But you can for personal reasons (= Taste, personality) decide to do it anyway.
Less education, but more success - how does that work?
So what does a personalitywho makes a career and celebrates success not only because of their intelligence? Slimy? Maybe. Relationships? Its possible. Big mouth? May be. Such “fouls” can help in the short term. Most people who achieve more despite poor grades and lower degrees tend to score points on other levels:
They seem - regardless of education, intelligence, grades, IQ points and Proof of achievement - to have certain qualities that are becoming increasingly important outside of school, university and training.
Therefore, pay particular attention to applicants, employees and business partners instead of just hard facts, also use these soft skills:
The Separation of professional and private - especially when it comes to frustration and stress - is very important, otherwise one sphere will be overshadowed by the other. Everyone has a bad day, and it's no shame when others notice. Basically, however, one should make sure that personal emotions are not impair judgment and behavior in the job environment.
2. Confident attitude
This is basically about the famous glasses that are half full or half empty. The decisive factor, however, is not the condition of the glasses, but rather to pay attention to their development. When glasses run out, you have to be motivated to do something about it.
Because: every glass can be refilled. What with depends on the situation:
A healthy mind in a healthy body - and it’s not easy for one without the other in the long run! Treat yourself and the people around you too a breather after phases of exertion. Pay attention to whether and how they are with Pressure and stressful situations, stress and Sickness get along:
Fighting before healing, healing before infection - that should be the principle.
EXTRA: 7 factors of resilience: This is what sets managers apart
It makes a world of difference whether you are on new tasks and challenges gets involved, is enthusiastic about them or rejects them from the outset. Just because something is different doesn't mean it's bad - getting used to new things, discovering unknown abilities and overcoming reservationsalways creates a feeling of success. At least that's what you should be able to get excited about, if not for the thing itself.
A feeling for the expectations and emotions of others is worth its weight in gold! Being able to empathize with customers, colleagues and clients opens doors and opportunities in every respect. Show consideration and concern, to work towards each other and solve problems - but also exert the right amount of pressure, negotiate and represent your own and other interests:
This is only possible with sufficient empathy!
You can often do what you lack in skills with the necessary conscientiousness balance. Goal & solution oriented To work also means that you try to find solutions yourself, even if you yourself reaches its limits. After all, it does more if a layperson is involved than if a professional just leans back, right?
EXTRA: 4 tips: This is how you formulate your goals correctly
- "I don't work with women."
- "I've never had to do that before."
- "I do everything, but that is out of the question."
Such statements show one thing very clearly:
Whoever puts them in their mouth is inflexible in at least one area. Fast pace, change and Unpredictability are aspects to which we are permanently exposed in everyday work. Those who are open-minded about this and those around them enrich themselves and others.
8. Communication skills
The ability to interact refers to communication and initiation in dealing with others. Can anyone talk to people? Can someone moderate conflicts? Can someone between Small talk and Business talk switch? Anyone who is able to speak up and take the initiative in front of strangers sets impulses that move forward.
Face to face, by email or on the phone:
Whoever communicates wins!
9. Consensus ability
To express one's own opinion is evidence of Self-confidence. But also sometimes agree with the opinion of others being able to do so shows character. Of course, that doesn't mean that you have to give in and give in to every discussion. But you should Being able to show insightif you are convinced by the arguments of others instead of to just switch to stubborn out of false pride.
EXTRA: With charisma to more success in the job: 3 important tips
10. Willingness to learn
Two aspects are particularly important here:
- On the one hand, towards yourself and others to admit one's mistakes and to answer for.
- On the other hand, the willingness to to broaden your horizons and learn. This also includes that you listening to others and away from thembe instructed or trained.
- Is D Mart cheaper than Big Bazaar
- What percentage is 8 out of 12
- Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Indonesia
- Are concealed wear permits constitutional or not
- Why are drop shipping products effective
- What are black grapes good for?
- Why click funnels offer best affiliate commission
- What is the best IDE for Erlang
- What was your least favorite job
- How can an American get British citizenship
- You can wear sterling silver in water
- What are digital marketing activities
- How do travel bloggers make money
- How do you die from not eating
- Can a person with heart disease quickly
- What do gallstones look like
- Korea is bigger than Japan
- Who can sponsor a UK visa
- Why is Bitcoin the most popular crypto currency
- What are coding jobs made of
- How do companies employ illegal immigrants
- Is Thailand dangerous for tourists
- How can I make 10 per month
- Marketing is important in a B2B company