Who killed Shakuni in Mahabharat
Why was Shakuni dissatisfied with his sister Gandhari's marriage to Dhritarashtra?
As far as I can tell, stories of Shakuni motivated by vengeance are just folklore with no basis in Hindu scripture. The Adi Parva of the Mahabharata describes Dhritarashtra's marriage to Gandhari in completely amicable terms, with Shakuni's father Suvala overcoming his reluctance to face Dhritashtra's shortcomings after considering the virtuous qualities of the men of the Kuru dynasty and Shakuni joyfully participating:
Soon after Bhishma heard from the Brahmins that Gandhari, the lovable daughter of Suvala who worshiped Hara (Shiva), had received the blessing from the deity that she would have sons for a century. After hearing this, Bhishma, the grandfather of the Kurus, sent messengers to the king of Gandhara. King Suvala initially hesitated because of the groom's blindness, however taking into account the Kurus' blood, fame and behavior, he gave Dhritarashtra and the chaste Gandhari his virtuous daughter and heard that Dhritarashtra was blind and that her parents had agreed to marry her to him out of love and respect for her future husband, blindfolded their own eyes.
Sakuni, the son of Suvala, brought his sister, endowed with youth and beauty, to the Kurus and officially passed her on to Dhritarashtra. And Gandhari was received with great respect, and the wedding was celebrated with great pomp under Bhishma's direction. And the heroic Sakuni returned to his own city after giving his sister many precious robes and receiving Bhishma's worship. And, oh you of Bharata's race, the beautiful Gandhari satisfied all the Kurus with her behavior and her respectful attention. And Gandhari, always devoted to her husband, satisfied her superiors with her good manners. and since she was chaste, she did not even refer in words to men other than her husband or such superiors.
And the Bhishma Parva of the Mahabharata describes how Arjuna's son Iravan kills most of Shakuni's brothers during the Mahabharata War and refutes the idea that Shakuni's siblings died in a Kuru dungeon:
The sons of Suvala, regaining their senses, rushed towards Iravat again, excited with anger. But Iravat, proud of his power and lightness of hand, approached everyone with his sword. The sons of Suvala, like him, moved with great activity and could not find an opportunity to beat this hero (on foot), despite moving on their fleet horses. When he saw him on foot, his enemies surrounded him tightly and wanted to take him prisoner. Then that enemy-breaker who saw her adjoining himself cut off both her right and left arm with his sword and tore apart her other limbs. Then their gold-adorned arms and weapons fell to the ground, and they themselves fell into the field with mutilated limbs, without life. Only Vrishava, O King, with many wounds on his person, escaped (with life) from this terrible battle that destroyed the heroes.
By the way, in revenge for Iravan's murder of the Shakuni brothers, Duryodhana told the Rakshasa (demon) Alambusha to kill Iravan as I am discussing on this issue.
Keshav Srinivasan ♦
Keshav Srinivasan ♦
- Why do people call lesbians gay
- What are the uses of infographics
- Are you happy or sad
- You can clean wooden floors with vinegar
- How bad is caffeine
- Is changehigh com a scam or legit
- Why does life get boring sometimes
- Is CIMA sufficient as an independent degree
- Can you actually catch a punch
- What will blow my mind
- Can you find something too passionate about
- Who paid to buy it in Louisiana
- What does social media skills include
- How data scientists collect raw data
- What is Starbucks margin on their food
- Is there a carpet cleaner in Melbourne?
- Is Redmi Note 8 worth buying
- Why is the orderly process important
- Fuechse eat coyote pups
- Are physical constants really constant
- Why do you like DOTA 2
- How do you create a brand 1
- Everyone has thoughts of murder
- Are polyamoroese relationships stronger than monogamous relationships
- How do I send text messages
- What eats underwater snails
- What does evolutionary psychology emphasize
- You are happy with successful people
- Need a website or blog
- What decade had the funniest hairstyles
- How does pride feel?
- Is Daly City CA a safe city
- The middle class disappears
- What are moderation assessment activities