Why don't all people wear bulletproof vests?
Bulletproof vests - lifesavers in the Bundeswehr
Bulletproof vests, also known as bulletproof vests or bulletproof vests, protect soldiers in the Bundeswehr from attacks with firearms. Their surface properties and materials are chosen so that they offer the greatest possible protection against all possible types of weapon ammunition. This is how safety clothing saves lives in an emergency.
Security levels of bulletproof vests
The protective power of a bulletproof vest is specified with a protection class. The respective protection classes, which in Germany range from SK1 to SK4, meet various performance requirements. The established standards for the bulletproof vests have resulted from tests of the vests. The gunshot and combat simulations measure how many shots the bulletproof vest can stop without being damaged. Different calibers with different projectile speeds are used.
Only when all the test steps have been carried out is the degree of protection attested to the vests. In Germany, the bullet test has been standardized and is carried out by state firing offices in accordance with the "Technical Guideline for Protective Vests of the Police". The same conditions exist for the highest possible quality standards.
Firearm © dimid_86 / Getty Images International
The protection classes of safety vests
- The Protection class SK 1 offers wearers reliable protection against handgun ammunition with soft core and round head or partial jacket in combat.
- Protection against handgun ammunition with a hard core is guaranteed by bulletproof vests of the Protection class SK2. They also intercept cartridges with very high penetration and armor-piercing properties.
- The Protection class SK3 is awarded if it becomes clear in tests that the vest offers protection against rifle ammunition with full jacket and soft core or partial jacket or hollow point.
- Protection class SK4 provides protection against the penetration of long gun ammunition with full jacket and hard core.
Bulletproof vests - only used by the armed forces and police?
The Bundeswehr and the German police have bulletproof vests in their service equipment as standard. But what is the legal situation for private individuals? Can you just order a bullet-proof vest? The answer: Yes, in Germany everyone is allowed to wear a bulletproof vest, but not at public events, as this violates the Assembly Act.
Bullet-resistant vest © goce / Getty Images International
- Would drop shipping work in Pakistan
- Why is the pizza considered unhealthy?
- Construction workers expand projects
- How can Filipinos migrate to the USA
- Why are local businesses important
- What is the best free docker hosting
- What are commercial ads
- Should I go on a diet
- What does Proverbs 29 17
- All people suffer from mental illness
- Does trade policy affect trade balance
- Is John and I grammatically correct
- An unattractive seller can be successful
- How do you treat relatives
- Why do fathers fight with their sons?
- What characteristics do engineering students share in common?
- Should we buy expensive smartphones
- How do you feel in your life
- Would a Pentacam diagnose astigmatism
- Which smartphone should you buy with a brand or a Chinese?
- What software do product designers use nowadays
- How do I install the Facebook Pixel
- What are some psychological conditioning techniques
- Goodreads only has women writers