In theory, you could catch a bullet
Can you safely catch a bullet through a gun & quest;
Catching a bullet as it flies through the air is a tired old illusion - but is it actually doable in real life? Surprisingly, yes - at least in theory.
Shedding some light on the physics of the problem, Randall Munroe outlines a technique, what if? This should, in theory, allow you to catch a bullet. He explains:
A ball straight up would eventually reach a maximum height. It probably wouldn't stop completely; more likely it would be drifting sideways at a few meters per second. At this speed, as long as you were in the right place at the right time you could snap it out of thin air.
He suggests - well, actually he suggests, but least of all to suggest that it would work - using a hot air balloon to gain enough altitude without interrupting the air travel, which would make the ball. Altitude would vary, of course, depending on the gun and bullet, but an AK-47 would need you to be 1.3 miles in the air.
Interestingly, while the bullet would lose all vertical momentum, the rotational momentum delivered by the spiral of the gun barrel that would mean it was still spinning when you caught it. Of course not that should try. [Who?]
Image by Sheree (here temporarily) under Creative Commons license
Can you shoot a gun in space & quest;
You can buy a gun on Facebook in 15 minutes
Now you can buy a Chromebook & comma; for only & dollar; 150 & lpar; and they keep getting better & rpar;
Dropcam lets you keep an eye on your home & comma; when you are out and about
Can you overtake a super volcano & quest; Maybe & comma; Study finds
Now you can order an Uber on Facebook Messenger & period;
For a new service, you can "Hire a mother for $ 40 & sol; hour"
How fast can you get a prescription of marijuana in California & quest;
You can use Cambits to build a camera like Lego
About pink and blue & colon; can you raise a gender neutral child & quest;
Why am I telling my daughter can she be a brave & comma; strong & comma; be vigorous princess & period;
For a few dollars, you can own a creepy piece of medical history & period; Would you buy it & quest;
How can you kick a bad habit & quest;
Tangram sticky notes allow you to leave a message & comma; without writing a word
- How can I improve my descriptive vocabulary
- Mushrooms go bad
- Inflammation can cause cancer
- What is it like to live on the beach
- What is the treatment for gallstones
- Why do people take off their clothes
- How do I meet women in Dubai
- How much dollar is in 1 rupee
- Graphic design is a lucrative business
- How can detox help you lose weight
- How fair is the image policy of Quoras
- How to redirect to Blogspot
- Accepts Dartmouth AP credit
- What is american culture
- What did you learn today 4
- Is strawberry a creeper
- Which companies in Germany offer Visa sponsorship?
- Which companies offer good webinars?
- Who is the Best Quora Reviewer
- What is the most professional font
- How did your faith affect your parents?
- Can magnetism be used for levitation technology
- What is the postcode of India
- What are some general poker tales