How much oxygen is in water
Oxygen content of the water
The oxygen content of the water is the result of processes that supply and consume oxygen. Oxygen is brought in from the atmosphere, whereby the oxygen uptake mainly depends on the size of the water surface, the water temperature, the saturation deficit, the water turbulence and the air movement. Oxygen is also released during photosynthesis in aquatic plants. This can lead to oxygen oversaturation. On the other hand, during the natural breakdown of organic substances in water, oxygen is consumed by the activity of microorganisms and by the respiration of animals and plants. This can lead to a lack of oxygen in the water. The "fish critical value" is an oxygen content of 3 mg / l, below which fish can be harmed.
Due to the dependence of the oxygen concentration on the various physical, chemical and biochemical factors and the resulting great variability (including day-night rhythm in eutrophic waters), the dynamics of the oxygen balance in the water can usually only be recorded by continuous measurement and registration .
The measurement of dissolved oxygen is widely used in water monitoring and wastewater engineering. Oxygen is an essential component for the aerobic metabolic processes in every body of water. Water pollution often leads to "oxygen depletion" as a result of the biological degradation of the organic matter. Accordingly, the oxygen content of a natural body of water is a criterion for assessing the ecological situation and, in wastewater technology, a measurement variable for regulating the treatment plants.
- What is the melting point of ice
- What do intelligent people think of themselves
- Can water therapy cure cancer
- Need a PC to play
- Is Doing Dr. Mahathir Mohamad corrupt
- Helps the Asians take positive action
- All metal detectors detect gold
- How do you say in Portuguese
- Bake cookies
- What websites offer free B2B email lists
- What do doctors look like to patients
- The Nintendo Switch will be cheaper
- How are endomorphs torn
- When will the new Istanbul Airport open?
- How do you identify a troublemaker
- How can we avoid genetic diabetes
- What prevents fear
- Can I lose my Australian citizenship?
- Who are millennials
- How will IFTTT monetize
- How we define trust in a relationship
- What is 11 5 meters to millimeters?
- Which country produces the best doctors
- Joe Rogan took steroids
- How does a submarine nuclear engine work
- There is a lot of profit in renting an apartment
- How do I become a dementor
- Can we build a website using c ++
- What makes a good singer
- The FNAF film is still going on
- What is Quora's recommendation algorithm
- Why are phones so cheap in China
- What was your result for JEE Main 2018
- What is the closest beach to you