What is sex like after a vasectomy
After the vasectomywhat to do, what to leave?
After the vasectomy - what to do, what not to do?
After the operation, it is important to stay on a high level of consciousness on the Howkins scale of consciousness - preferably on a consciousness value of 200-540 - somewhere between courage, love and joy. In addition, it helps to wear tight-fitting briefs, as these restrict the freedom of movement of the "valuables" and thus give the patient a greater feeling of comfort. Immediately after returning home, you should take a shower, remove the bandage that was put on during the operation and not put on any new one - and that is where the medical instructions are. If the partner invites to a moonlight dinner or a theater or cinema evening to celebrate the day, this invitation must of course be complied with.
Can I use pain medication?
There is nothing to prevent the use of painkillers. Sometimes we even prescribe pain pills, but most patients don't even get these prescriptions. As a rule, whatever conventional painkillers can be found in the medicine cabinet will help if necessary.
What activities should you avoid in the first few days after the procedure?
Immediately after the procedure, you are fully able to drive a vehicle. And from the next day on, you don't need to take special care of yourself. However, you should refrain from doing heavy physical work or sports (e.g. long bike rides or playing tennis) for a few days. So far we have never issued a certificate of incapacity for work because there was no reason to do so. 24 hours after the vasectomy, we will inform ourselves by telephone about the condition of our patients and give further recommendations if necessary.
What about sex and contraception after vasectomy?
We recommend abstaining from sexual activity for the first week after the procedure, but our patients usually do what they feel like doing. The record we know for a quick return to an active love life is held by a patient who reported 25 ejaculations just 5 days after the operation. Seven days after the vasectomy, we see no reason whatsoever to restrict any physical activity, including sex. During the first two monthly cycles after the vasectomy, we recommend that you continue to use contraception as usual.
When should I have a sperm test after the vasectomy?
We ask our patients to have a sperm check 8-12 weeks after the vasectomy. We will give you the plastic containers required for this right after the treatment. Under the key words “laboratory, spermiogram”, Google should find you a suitable provider in your area, with whom you should then make an appointment by telephone. In most cases, the laboratory is not automatically informed that only a simple test is required to detect the presence or absence of sperm cells in the ejaculate. It may be worthwhile to expressly point out that the test is only intended to monitor the success of a vasectomy and not, for example, a detailed assessment of fertility. Later this year we will add a list of laboratories all over Poland where you can have a semen analysis. The examination is imperative to ensure that the vasectomy was successful.
After the operation
1. The surgical scar must be kept clean and dry for the first 24 hours after the operation. Back at home, remove the bandage and take a shower (preferably with curd soap). Then dry the skin thoroughly with the towel, put on tight-fitting underwear and relax with your partner over a glass of champagne. You can go about your everyday tasks and work normally the day after the operation.
2. 24 hours after the treatment, please contact the treating doctor by telephone and inform him about your self-condition after the operation - whether you could sleep well, had pain and possibly had to take painkillers, whether you noticed slight swelling or bruises are, etc.
3. For the first 7 days after the operation, it is advisable to wear tight-fitting briefs to ensure a greater feeling of comfort in everyday life. If there is a secretion of fluid in the area of the surgical scar, the skin can be washed with hydrogen peroxide and carefully dried with cotton wool.
4. Do not use any ointments or bandages. Immediately after the operation, cooling with ice can provide relief. This should not be applied directly to the skin but through the underwear and not for longer than 30 minutes.
5. Greater physical exertion should be avoided in the first 7 days after the procedure. Frequent bending over or carrying heavy objects can worsen any pain and cause bruising or easy fluid discharge.
6. In the first 7 days after the procedure, one should not engage in contact sports, skiing, golf, tennis, or similar sports, as this can lead to slight internal bleeding in the scrotum. Always remember: “Prevention is the best medicine!” After 7 days, you can forget that you ever had an operation.
7. Avoid excessive sexual stimulation for the first 7 days. You can then go back to your normal sex life, but you should continue to use contraceptives until a semen test confirms the vasectomy was successful. In the first few weeks after the vasectomy, the sperm may be slightly brown in color. This is a normal physiological side effect and not a cause for concern.
8. A slight discomfort in the genital area is not uncommon in the first few days after the procedure. Chestnut ointment or Altacet gel can be used for relief. Gently massage them in in the area of the swellings. If necessary, pain relievers containing metamizole can also be taken. If the pain persists, the use of anti-inflammatory drugs is also advisable, such as Biseptol, Bactrim, Naproxen or Butapirazole. If you experience severe pain or before using stronger painkillers, please contact our clinic or consult your family doctor.
9. Two to three days after the operation, bruises may appear on the scrotum or the base of the penis. These are not to be concerned about and should be gone by the first week after the procedure.
10. If you feel painful nodules in the scrotum (about the size of a hazelnut to that of a golf ball) in the scrotum during the first two days after the vasectomy, it may be a bruise. In this case, please contact the operating doctor without obligation.
11. If you have any questions or doubts about the use of medication, if you experience unusually great pain, if there is swelling, reddening or suppuration in the area of the surgical scar, if you have a high temperature (over 36.8oC) or have a fever, please sit down Immediately contact our clinic for advice.
12. Eight weeks after the vasectomy, a semen examination must be performed to test the ejaculate for the presence of sperm cells. If the result is doubtful, this test should be repeated after a further four weeks. A list of laboratories that carry out such a test in Poland can be found on our website www.wazektomia.com. Of course, you can also make use of other providers.
13. The semen test can be repeated after a long period of time to check that there has been no recanalization in the meantime.
- What is crypto currency
- How much does Google pay per click
- Can a google blogger be monetized
- What do the Thais think of Thailand
- What is the best brand of wigs
- What is the best bike for delivery work
- What is the answer from Valar Morghulis
- Are blacks discriminated against in England?
- Why are metals malleable?
- Where is Algeria
- What is evidence of evolution
- What have you learned from previous relationships
- Can I drink 4 liters of water
- What are the negative effects of inflation
- What are interesting trends to follow
- What is social media influencer marketing
- What is the best webinar platform
- Why is massage painful
- Why do people put a few cents on the grave
- Where are the gun dead most concentrated
- Which is the best preschool in Chennai
- Which are some trendy shorts for men
- Will some Democrats vote against impeachment?
- Fat pride is a good idea