What are the best vegetarian foods
Bonn (dpa / tmn) - Those who do without meat often give a lot of thought to their diet. Am I getting enough nutrients? Or is something missing? For World Vegetarian Day on October 1st, here are some tips on which foods should not be missing on any vegetarian menu:
Dairy products and eggs: They provide the important vitamin B12, which is rarely found in plant-based foods. Vegetarians should therefore often eat milk, yoghurt, cheese and the like. Another option is fermented vegetables like sauerkraut. Vitamin B12 supports blood formation and is important for various metabolic processes.
Legumes and whole grains: they contain iron. Beans, peas, lentils, wheat bran, bran flakes, millet and oat flakes also contain the trace element. Whole grain rice is also good.
When it comes to iron, the combination is always important: For example, you shouldn't drink green tea with it - because the vegetable tannins in tea make it difficult to absorb iron from food. Exactly the opposite can be achieved with another combination: It is best to always eat fruit or drink fruit juice with foods that contain iron, advises Harald Seitz from the consumer information service aid. Because vitamin C increases the absorption of iron in the body. The trace element is important for the transport of oxygen in the blood, but also for the muscles.
Nuts and linseed or walnut oil: They contain the important omega-3 fatty acids that the body cannot produce itself. This also applies to other vegetable oils such as rapeseed oil. The unsaturated fatty acids have an anti-inflammatory effect and are therefore important for rheumatism patients, for example.
Iodized salt and algae: If you are not a fish, you must also pay attention to the iodine intake. This is found in algae, for example - and of course in iodized table salt. Among other things, iodine is important for bone formation and energy metabolism.
- Why are koans used in Zen Buddhism
- Can kittens eat adult cat food
- What did you learn about yourself today?
- Hello, can I ask you a question
- What are some examples of eating disorders
- How do you get aesthetically pleasing muscles
- 2 possibilities of the western world
- What are traditional pagan practices
- How do management consultancies work
- Why is Roblox free
- What is compressed quantum space
- What does a wall mean to you
- What is the best secondary source of income
- Is C useful for scientific programming
- Graphic designer make logos
- How does Singapore make money
- Is Quora a wiki
- What do you know, do you know
- Why is nobody in America called Jesus?
- What are the best motivational pictures
- What is the basic concept of philosophy
- Sugar could lead to overweight and obesity
- How to choose a sleeping bag
- Why did Nokia fail
- Japanese women like oral sex
- Is there a way to collect photons
- What are the keys to marketing success
- HIT Spray actually kills cockroaches
- Kuala Lumpur has a good airport
- Astrophysicists don't work well with NASA
- How do I install offline WordPress
- What is the best position to study
- Is it possible to cut an atom?