Which country is also known as Burma
Myanmar - «Golden Land»
Myanmar is located in Southeast Asia and borders Thailand, Laos, the People's Republic of China, northeast India, Bangladesh and the Bay of Bengal. For many people, the country is known by the former name of Burma.
The multi-ethnic state
Myanmar is a multiethnic state with approx. 53 million inhabitants, who are spread over 135 ethnic peoples. The individual peoples speak their own languages. English is the language of business. The official language is the Burmese language. The following peoples make up the largest proportion of the population:
- 68% Burmese (Bamar)
- 9% Shan (Shan)
- 7% Karen
- 4% Rakhine (Arakan)
- 3% Chinese (Chin)
- 2% Indian
- 2% Mon (Mon)
- 5% others
If you want to travel the country, you can expect grandiose landscapes and ancient temples. In the west a wonderful island world opens up, in the east the Shan highlands rise, in the north the impressive mountain Hkakabo Razi with the foothills of the Himalayas sets its borders and in the south the Andaman Sea of the Indian Ocean. The landmark of Myanmar is the Shwedagon Paya, a magnificent building in the city of Yangon. Its exterior is decorated with around 60 tons of gold leaf and topped with a 76-carat diamond. The building symbolizes the pure teachings of the Buddha. The former capital Bagan, also known as the city of temples, is just as impressive. The extensive complex contains over 2000 sacred buildings from four centuries.
Despite the spectacular nature and interesting culture, this country is not yet heavily traveled by tourists. This is because the state is still recovering from years of military dictatorship and is still ruled by unresolved conflicts.
Land of conflict
Myanmar was a military dictatorship from 1988 to 2010, known as the State Council for Peace and Development. The military was able to exercise its power for years with reference to the lack of a constitution. From 1993 onwards a new constitution was discussed, which came into force in 2008 despite its disadvantages. Unfortunately, this still imposes privileges on the military. A quarter of parliamentary seats must be given to members of the military.
The education sector suffered greatly under the military dictatorship. Universities were temporarily or completely closed. This prevented student uprisings and criticism from an intellectual elite. Freedom of expression was severely restricted.
Despite the slow democratization of the state, many conflicts still persist. Human rights organizations accuse the government and the military of human rights violations such as forced labor, eviction from villages, torture, rape and the use of child soldiers in the ongoing fighting against insurgents. Minorities such as the Karen and Rohingya suffer from these violations.
Myanmar - the developing country
However, the slowly declining dictatorship also severely hampered the country's development. Most of the infrastructure is very weak. According to the World Bank, only one in three residents of Myanmar had an electricity connection in 2018. The road network is similarly poorly developed. This inhibition of development is closely related to the international trade blockades during the dictatorship. With the slowly beginning democratization, these blockades are dissolving and enable the country step by step an economic upswing.
The CVT Myanmar project can make a particularly important contribution here. A well-trained workforce can only be beneficial to the country's economy. It can also help rebuild the destroyed education sector.
- How important is customer satisfaction
- How painful is cyanide poisoning when dying
- Is Quora useful for my blog
- What does the symbol stand for
- Red wine kills cancer cells
- Why doesn't Quora prohibit underage users
- How can I start an interesting conversation
- How is color psychology used in marketing
- Is Donald Trump actually sexist or racist?
- Why do the Japanese eat tofu
- Should I learn Python before R.
- How do Indians use toilets in America
- Should I go with a record label
- Are cherry pits safe to swallow
- A visitor from overseas can buy ammunition
- Indians hate or love Pakistan
- Has it ever snowed in Bakersfield CA.
- What is the extended supply in JNTUK 1
- Why do people hate confident people
- Excessive masturbation can weaken the immune system
- Where did you start your writing career?
- Which countries have the worst economies?
- What decade had the funniest hairstyles
- Automatically makes you happy to be successful