What is 1 3 of 2 3
Reading time: 4 min
With the help of fractions you can Proportions of sizes be calculated. The simplest example is "Calculate half of ...". To do this, you can divide by or multiply by. But why does it work?
Let's take an example task:
"Calculate half of."
We could just divide now:
But instead of the division, we can also do one Multiplication by a fraction as follows:
We learned that this conversion is allowed by dividing fractions.
We see here that can be replaced with.
In the following, let's calculate a few examples in which we form fractions with fractions.
Example: (1/8) of 1000 kg
You are asked for 1 out of 8 “parts” of the whole of the same size. Our "whole" are those.
Without the fractions, we could do the division directly:.
With the help of the fraction calculation:
Example: (3/8) of 100 m
You are asked for 3 of 8 equal “parts” of a whole. Our "whole" are those.
Without the fractions, we could do the division directly:. That is 1 part of 8 parts. However, you will be asked for 3 parts, therefore:.
This is faster with the help of the fraction calculation:
Example: (3/20) of 1 hour
You are asked for 3 of 20 “parts” of one hour of the same size.
We solve this with the help of fractions:
Now we can convert the hours into minutes:
Solution: hours correspond to minutes.
- Should I invest in Bitcoin?
- What is the best posture after eating
- Which is the most developed African country
- What causes head lice
- What does Andrew Weill think of CPAs
- For how many deaths was Hitler responsible?
- Why are more people fat than thin
- How do you engage employees
- Abraham Lincoln had children
- What is the value of dollars to rupees
- What is Downtown known for?
- Happened two gambling games in Mahabharat
- Will imports kill the Indian economy
- Why do we buy gifts for Christmas?
- Europeans look down on Saudi tourists
- 14k jewelry can be pledged
- How long does a typical NFL game last
- Which country exports the most electronics?
- Why do students need help with homework
- Is drinking hot water good for digestion?
- How is streaming illegal in the UK?
- How do dermatologists receive clear advice on the skin
- Why are we so superficial
- Everyone has thoughts of murder