People who don't like vegans, why
Federal Association of Food Inspectors
By Nadine Kunzig, Stimme.de
What is the difference between vegans, flexitarians and freegans? You can no longer see through the jungle of the many different diets? We explain the most common forms.
In the supermarket there are more and more foods labeled “vegetarian” or “vegan”, and the same applies to menus in restaurants. Many canteens have introduced a “Veggie Day”. After all, more and more people are living according to a conscious and meatless form of nutrition. The reason: The topic of health and factory farming is becoming more and more important.
The Vebu describes itself as the largest advocacy group for vegetarian and vegan people. The organization assumes that around 7.8 million vegetarians and 900,000 vegans live in Germany. That makes up about ten or 1.1 percent of the population.
vegetarian do not eat anything from animals that have been killed, only live animals. This includes foods like dairy products, eggs, and honey. However, there are different types of vegetarianism. These include the ovo-vegetarians, lacto-vegetarians, ovo-lacto-vegetarians, ovo-lacto-pisce-vegetarians and vegans.
Ovo vegetarians do not eat meat, fish or dairy products. However, they do eat eggs.
Lacto vegetarians do not eat meat, fish and eggs, but do eat dairy products.
Lacto-ovo vegetarians do not eat meat and fish, but eat eggs and dairy products.
Ovo-lacto-pisce vegetarians are an extension of the lacto-ovo vegetarian - but they also eat fish.
vegan live without animal products. They only eat plant-based foods and forego everything from animals, that is, they do not drink milk, eat eggs and honey. They also do not buy any animal products such as leather products, woolen sweaters or down duvets.
Fruitarians do not want plants to suffer because of them, so they eat windfalls and nuts, berries, grains and seeds, for example, because these foods have already died for them when they are harvested. In contrast, bulbs, leaves or roots as well as food of animal origin are excluded.
Pescetarians do not eat meat, but eat fish. Products from live animals such as honey, eggs, milk are allowed.
Pudding vegetarians do not eat meat and fish. They don't pay too much attention to vitamins, fiber or calories, which is why they often resort to ready-made meals.
Flexitarians are casual vegetarians. They want to eat healthily and pay attention to their food consumption and (organic) quality seals. Every now and then it can be a piece of meat or fish.
Freegans do not exclude any food. However, they only eat products that they have grown themselves, that are given, found or thrown away by others. They want to draw people's attention to the throwaway society or poverty. For example, they also resort to discarded clothing or discarded electrical goods.
Raw foodists are basically open to all foods. However, these must not have been heated to more than 40 degrees. The food must be raw.
Primal food feed on everything they find in nature. These can be live beetles, ants, worms and snails, but also wild herbs and berries.
Macrobiotics mainly eat cereals, legumes, vegetables, and to a lesser extent also fruits, nuts and seeds, some also eat fish.
Omnivorous: Omnivores that enjoy all animal and vegetable foods.
Carnivor: Carnivore. They eat meat and animal products.
Frugivores: Fruit eater. They feed on berries and fruits alone.
Herbivores: Herbivores that only feed on plants.
- Where is the area code 512
- Is emotionally a personality trait
- Why does anorexia cause heart failure
- Is Cory Booker the next Barack Obama?
- How long does a bodybuilder's gym last
- What are some effective mass marketing strategies
- Has it ever snowed in Bakersfield CA.
- How do I check a company detail
- What font does WhatsApp use
- Are marketing agencies profitable
- Is there evidence of a parallel universe
- Why am I so ugly and disgusting
- Eastern European countries are poor
- What is an example of manipulation
- What is the best GNC protein powder
- Is Poland good for a small business?
- How many sharks follow cruise lines
- What is it like to secretly have anorexia
- Time is used to control people
- Devops interview questions and answers
- What are the uses of dried fruits
- Who are the leading Latina Lifestyle Bloggers
- Why do so many Filipinos emigrate?
- Are the Philippines a part of Asia?