Why do teenagers like pop music
Why teenagers don't listen to classical music
If you see a teenage boy walking down the street wearing white earplugs, swinging back and forth slightly, you can be pretty sure that it is not classical music coming from the headphones. Teens can enthusiastically rattle off the name of a dozen bands on their current favorite playlist. However, if you ask who Brahms was, a strange look appears on their eyes. Even many music students are amazingly ignorant of classical music. If you don't even know the names of these composers, you will definitely not have any records with your works on.
The figures for classical music consumption in general are shockingly low in every way. Only 3% of the phonograms sold in 2008 were classical music. On average, only 300 copies of the famous orchestral masterpieces were sold. This low figure is not compensated for by attending concerts. Likewise, only 3% of the concert tickets sold in 2008 were intended for classical music concerts, and neither were CD sales.
- Reasons why teens don't like classical music
First of all, the speed and rhythm of classical music, with its many stops and starts, tempo, dynamics and mood swings and long moments, are exactly the opposite of what the turbo-charged teenage psyche craves. After all, children talk quickly, play quickly, and think quickly. They also want their music to be fast. They also have short attention spans of only about three minutes. This is far too short for a four-movement sonata, but perfect for a new pop song. Pop melodies are also structurally much simpler, similar to an acoustic billboard, and contrast with the multilayered complexity of classical music. A symphony is something that makes a person sit and enjoy. How many teenagers do you know who enjoy sitting still for an hour and listening to classical music? I don't know many.
The subject of pop music appeals to the typical teenager far more than a wordless, 45-minute symphony by Gustav Mahler. Classical music is incredibly powerful, but not exactly about topics that are directly relevant to a typical teenager.
- What is the best free flowchart software
- Has feminism enslaved women
- Should I invest in gold through Augmont?
- Which goats are best for meat
- What do tourists like most about India?
- How safe is New Zealand 1
- How can I marry a Punjabi girl
- How many states are there in Malaysia
- Why should a country trust the Muslims
- Is hot and sexy a negative comment
- Why website speed is so important
- Which is mathematically a phase space
- What happens when innovation meets healthcare
- A 20 robot vacuum cleaner is good
- How often do you clean your vacuum cleaner
- What does disclaimer mean in law
- How to sharpen a pencil sharpener
- What does Pinocchio mean
- What is a basic programming language
- Can Chinese people leave China?
- What is 1 cosx 1 cosx
- How powerful are unmanned killing machines for drones
- Could we breed birds to become dinosaurs?
- Is it really profitable to sell on Amazon