Reduce speed limits in traffic accidents
Study shows how drastically a speed limit lowers the number of accidents
For days there has been a heated argument in Germany about the sense and nonsense of a general speed limit on motorways. In the past week, considerations of a climate protection working group of the federal government became known, which included a speed limit of 130 km / h on motorways. The federal government has already rejected them. There are more intelligent precautions for more climate protection in road traffic, said government spokesman Steffen Seibert.
A breath of fresh air into the debate has now come from a somewhat older study from Brandenburg. It shows what many suspect: a general speed limit would make traffic significantly safer.
Number of accidents halved after the speed limit
In 2007, the Brandenburg Ministry of Transport had the effects of a speed limit on a 62-kilometer section of motorway investigated. Part of the A24 between the two motorway triangles Wittstock / Dosse and Havelland had no speed limit until December 2002. After that, a speed limit of 130 km / h was introduced.
The result of the scientific analysis: The number of accidents has almost halved, from 654 accidents in three years without a speed limit to 337 accidents in three years at 130 km / h. The number of casualties also fell significantly from 838 to 362 casualties in three years (-57 percent).
Small restrictions, but a clear conclusion
However, the authors point out: “The decline in the number of accidents and casualties cannot be fully attributed to the introduction of the speed limit. In the last few years there has been a general decline in the number of accidents on motorways in the state of Brandenburg. "If this factor is factored out using control groups, the study shows that there is still a reduction in the so-called accident cost rate (damage and injuries, etc., converted into costs) by 26.5 percent.
Therefore, the conclusion is clear: "The results of the investigation show that if a speed limit for cars of 130 km / h is imposed on the existing unlimited route sections, there is a benefit for the general public."#Subjects
- Has anyone made money with Leadpages
- Which is the most difficult ACCA paper
- Is Running Helpful in Reducing Obesity?
- How will Quora be useful for India?
- Christmas is a public holiday in Pakistan
- What do the Bengali think of Mamata Banerjee
- The Turkish cuisine is underestimated
- Are women able
- How good are upgrade placements
- What is patriotic and becoming patriotic
- Why are people shipping Drarry and Dramione
- What is zero inflation
- Why is Finn from Star Wars black
- What would make you feel spiritually fulfilled
- First is the phrase women sexist
- How to clean diamond jewelry
- What is a security breach
- Signal processing What are Gabor filters
- Affiliate Marketing Udemy Courses Really Work
- What's the best in school life
- What are the most civilized countries
- Why is not all plastic recyclable?
- Why did Justinian married Theodora
- What are online health services