Do you know Wuhan
WHO researchers suspect to have found the origin of SARS-CoV-2
Wuhan. According to experts from the World Health Organization (WHO), all findings about the origin of SARS-CoV-2 point to similar viruses in bats. After completing the examinations carried out jointly with Chinese experts in the metropolis of Wuhan in central China, the head of the team, Dr. Peter Ben Embarek, on Tuesday, the "most likely way" of transmission to humans is from bats via another animal as an intermediate host. Further investigations into the exact route are necessary.
According to the experts, a laboratory accident as the cause is "extremely unlikely," as Embarek said of the speculations. Whether the virus could also have been spread via frozen products needs to be investigated more closely.
"Better understanding of the beginnings"
The investigations in Wuhan have not changed their picture of the outbreak of the pandemic dramatically, but there is now a better understanding of the beginnings, said Embarek. In Wuhan, infections with the new virus were first detected in December 2019. The pathogen was probably already circulating before.
The international experts who are looking for the origin of the pathogen on behalf of the WHO were in China for four weeks. After two weeks in quarantine, in which they had prepared their rounds and also conferred intensively with their Chinese colleagues via video, they visited several hospitals, institutes, laboratories and also the Huanan market in Wuhan, where the first recorded infections with the virus had occurred . But there were also infections in Wuhan that could not be associated with this market.
The investigations followed after a long tug-of-war with the Chinese side. The search for the origin of the pathogen is considered politically sensitive as China fears it will be denounced as the culprit for the pandemic. (dpa)
- Why are 36 of NASA scientists Indian
- Do freelancers have to pay GST
- How can I write a withdrawal letter
- How do I make my diet plan
- Are you satisfied with your own passion
- What are some unusual signs of ADHD
- Will Najib Razak survive the 1MDB scandal?
- Onions grow all year round
- What is the easiest product to market
- Can cats get dementia?
- Why isn't WordPress free in Bluehost
- How important is poker bankroll
- Why do Americans insist on chilling eggs?
- What is Flask API
- What weighs 1000 grams or 1 kilo
- When will the Welsh language die?
- Is someone trading here with Plus500
- Does love need a relationship
- How do therapists repair
- What are some interesting facts about Myanmar
- What are some interesting financial hacks
- Does federal law trump state law
- What are the best data science consulting firms
- What are cold light sources
- What are five cryptocurrencies
- How do old people smell
- Why do people make it difficult to lose weight
- How do you build SEO customer relationships
- Can an ESTJ be a nice person
- What is the future of the Beatles
- How does sports nutrition affect performance?
- Italian pizza has always been sliced
- What are the parts of a church