What kind of meat is a shashlik
Shish kebab skewer
Shish kebab skewers are grilled or fried, usually marinated meat skewers. They are a traditional takeout in Turkish-speaking countries, Russia and all of Southeast Europe. To prepare shashlik, the meat is first cut into smaller cubes and marinated for hours or days, which gives it its special taste and makes it more tender. After putting the other ingredients together on simple wooden or metal skewers and briefly roasting them over an open fire or hot embers, shashlik is usually consumed straight from the skewer, without sauce or other spices. The usual side dish is bread. Our shashlik at the snack bars in Germany are briefly seared and simmer for hours in a shashlik sauce. This very often serves as a very good basis for a very fine currywurst.
- Wash the meat under cold water, pat dry with kitchen paper and cut into larger cubes.
- Peel the onions and slice them thinly.
- Peel the garlic and cut into small cubes.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Seal the bowl with cling film and leave to marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Strain the meat through a large sieve into a bowl and remove the onion slices and garlic cubes.
Variant of pork belly 
- Dice the pork belly the size of the meat and cut in half lengthways.
Variant smoked bacon 
- Cut the smoked bacon in the same way as described above.
- Try the smoked bacon, if it is too salty, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the bacon and let it blanch for 5 minutes.
- Strain the bacon through a sieve, drain well and spread on kitchen paper to drain.
- Wash the peppers, dry them with kitchen paper, remove the stalk, cut into quarters, remove the membranes with the seeds and the size of the bacon cubes.
- Cut the remaining pepper pieces into small pieces and add to the sauce.
- Peel and quarter the onion and have the large outer layers ready.
- Chop the leftover onion and add to the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and add the remaining pepper pieces.
- Put the meat cubes, bacon or belly meat, onions and pepper pieces alternately on the skewers.
- Put 3 tablespoons (15 ml) of the strained fat from the marinade in a pan, heat, fry the skewers in portions, season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the fried skewers on kitchen paper and add to the simmering sauce.
- Let the skewers simmer gently for one and a half to two hours.
Put the meat, peppers and onions on skewers.
Brush the skewers with the marinade and refrigerate.
Then fry them in hot fat ...
... and let it simmer gently in the sauce for about 2 hours.
Side dishes 
- What does money smell like?
- How can I learn to swim myself?
- Are Chinese good at sex
- Vitamin D deficiency causes nausea
- When was gasoline 35 cents a gallon
- Switzerland is richer than Norway
- How to say eyes in Lithuanian
- What does MMCS mean in the Navy
- Which console is worth buying in 2020
- Do I have to register my company
- How often do bodybuilders take steroids
- What are the respective cultures of Princeton and Yales
- Are the dollar bills of the 90s still valid?
- What are some facts about the Romans
- Who makes the best televisions
- How will China's economy fare in 2019?
- How do people roll back odometers
- What do people do to get fit?
- What luxury item should you never buy?
- What are the developing countries in Europe
- Who is an introvert
- Are people too socially sensitive these days
- A fat person looks shorter
- What do you dislike about Richmond VA