How do I contact Asiana Airlines
From its two hubs in the Seoul area, Asiana Airlines flies to cities within South Korea, destinations all over Asia, North America and Europe. Frankfurt am Main is served in German-speaking countries.
Asiana Airlines has codeshare agreements with the following airlines: (Star Alliance members are with * marked)
As of April 2021, the Asiana Airlines fleet consists of 83 aircraft with an average age of 11.8 years:
(First / Business / Eco + / Eco)
|Average age |
|Airbus A320-200||4||159 (-/-/-/159)||14.3 years|
|Airbus A321-100||1||200 (-/-/-/200)||20.0 years|
|Airbus A321-200||14||8 equipped with sharklets; HL8071 in Star Alliance-Special painting||171 (-/12/-/159)||6.7 years|
|Airbus A321neo||3||22||188 (-/8/-/180)||1.0 years|
|Airbus A330-300||15||275 (-/30/-/245)|
|Airbus A350-900||13||8||311 (-/28/36/247)||2.5 years|
|Airbus A350-1000||9||- open -|
|Airbus A380-800||6||495 (12/66/-/417)||6.1 years|
|Boeing 747-400||1||398 (10/24/-/364)||24.8 years|
|Boeing 747-400BDSF||7||Cargo aircraft of the Asiana Cargo||–|
|Boeing 747-400F||4||Cargo aircraft of the Asiana Cargo||–|
|Boeing 767-300||5||HL7516 in Star Alliance-Special painting||250 (-/15/-/235)|
|Boeing 767-300ERF||1||Cargo plane the Asiana Cargo||–|
|Boeing 777-200ER||9||300 (-/22/-/278) |
Former types of aircraft
Asiana Airlines has already used the following types of aircraft in the past:
- On July 26, 1993, a Boeing 737-500(HL7229) flew into a mountain on the flight from Seoul-Gimpo on approach to Mokpo in rain and poor visibility. The pilots mistakenly assumed they had already flown over the mountain. This CFIT (Controlled flight into terrain) killed 68 inmates, 66 passengers and two crew members; only 48 of the 116 people on board survived (see also Asiana Airlines flight 733).
- On November 11, 1998, a Boeing 747-400 with the aircraft registration number rolledHL7414 on the flight from Seoul-Gimpo to New York City for refueling at the parking position in Anchorage. When trying to make a 180-degree turn, engine 1 hit the wing of a parked Ilyushin Il-62 of Aeroflot (aircraft registration number RA-86564). Immediately afterwards, the Boeing's left wing bored into the front of the Ilyushin's vertical stabilizer. The Asiana pilots stepped up the gas so that their wing cut halfway through the Ilyushin's tail unit. Excessive rolling speed was found to be the main cause. There was no personal injury; however, the Il-62 had to be scrapped.
- On July 28, 2011 at 4:12 a.m. local time, a Boeing 747-400F with the aircraft registration number crashed HL7604 on the flight from Seoul-Incheon to Shanghai with a two-man crew near Jeju-do Island, about 250 miles south of Seoul, into the sea. The crew had previously reported a fire alarm in the cargo hold and attempted a safety landing at Jeju Airport. According to the Ministry of Transport in Incheon, the cargo plane had loaded 58 tons of cargo, of which around 400 kg were classified as "highly flammable". Among other things, lithium batteries, semiconductors, and paint and resin solution were charged (see also Asiana Airlines flight 991).
- On July 6, 2013, a Boeing 777-200ER with the aircraft registration number had an accident HL7742 coming from Seoul-Incheon on the approach to the San Francisco International Airport. The machine touched down in front of runway 28L and came to a standstill on the tarmac, severely damaged. There were 291 passengers and 16 crew members on board, three people were killed and 181 people injured, 47 of them seriously (see also Asiana Airlines flight 214).
- On April 14, 2015, an Airbus A320-200 with the aircraft registration number had an accident HL7762 on the flight from Seoul-Incheon on the approach for landing at Hiroshima Airport. The aircraft brushed against an antenna system and hit the ground 330 meters from the runway; the machine finally came to a stop 130 meters from the runway after turning 180 degrees. 27 of the occupants were injured and the aircraft suffered significant property damage.
- ↑ abcAsiana Airlines Sustainability Report 2015. Asiana Airlines. Archived from the original on September 23, 2016. Retrieved on August 30, 2016.
- ↑ Boeing - Orders & Deliveries, accessed on July 7, 2013
- ↑ Airbus - Asiana Airlines orders 30 aircraft of the A350 family, July 16, 2008 (Memento from September 16, 2016 in Internet Archive) accessed on September 13, 2016
- ↑ Airbus - Asiana Airlines takes delivery of its first A350 XWB, April 24, 2017 (Memento from April 25, 2017 in Internet Archive) (English), accessed April 24, 2017
- ^ Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung - Asiana Airlines orders six Airbus A380s, January 7, 2011
- ↑ Airbus - Asiana Airlines orders six A380 wide-body jets, January 6, 2011 (Memento from February 7, 2015 in Internet Archive) accessed on February 7, 2015
- ↑ aero.de - First Airbus A380 for Asiana Airlines, May 26, 2014 accessed on May 26, 2014
- ↑Certified 5-Star Airline Ratings. In: airlinequality.com. Accessed January 23, 2018.
- ↑Kumho Asiana Group puts Asiana Airlines up for sale to stay afloat. In: The Korea Times. April 15, 2019, accessed April 15, 2019.
- ↑ Choi Kyong-ae: (LEAD) Sale of Asiana Airlines on track as planned: KDB chief. In: Yonhap. December 4, 2019, accessed December 5, 2019.
- ↑Takeover of Star Alliance member Asiana failed. In: airliners.de. September 11, 2020, accessed September 11, 2020.
- ↑Korean Air plans to take over domestic rival Asiana Airlines. In: Handelsblatt. November 16, 2020, accessed November 16, 2020.
- ↑In a deal worth $ 1.6 billion, Korean Air acquires Asiana Airlines. In: aviation24.be. November 16, 2020, accessed November 16, 2020.
- ↑Korean Air to spend $ 1.6 billion to become Asiana Airlines' top shareholder. In: reuters.com. November 16, 2020, accessed November 16, 2020.
- ↑ flyasiana.com - series (memento of the original from September 24, 2016 in Internet Archive) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.@ 1 @ 2 Template: Webachiv / IABot / eu.flyasiana.com accessed on May 21, 2018
- ↑ flyasiana.com - Codeshare (Memento of the original from September 24, 2016 in Internet Archive) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.@ 1 @ 2 Template: Webachiv / IABot / eu.flyasiana.com accessed on September 13, 2016
- ↑ abcAsiana Airlines Fleet Details and History. In: planespotters.net. April 29, 2021, accessed April 30, 2021.
- ↑Airbus: Orders and Deliveries. In: airbus.com. December 31, 2020, accessed January 14, 2021.
- ↑ flyasiana.com - aircraft information (memento of the original from February 7, 2015 in Internet Archive) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.@ 1 @ 2 Template: Webachiv / IABot / eu.flyasiana.com accessed on April 24, 2017
- ^ Accident report B-737-500 HL7229, Aviation Safety Network (English), accessed on April 5, 2020.
- ↑ The Aviation Herald - Crash: Asiana B744 near Jeju on Jul 28th 2011, fire in cargo hold (English)
- ↑ aero.de - Asiana Airlines Boeing-747-400F crashed off South Korea
- ↑ Aircraft accident data and report for Asiana Airlines flight 214 in the Aviation Safety Network, accessed on July 7, 2013.
- ↑ The Aviation Herald - Crash: Asiana A320 at Hiroshima on Apr 14th 2015, touched down short of runway (English)
- What is micromanagement
- What is 800 meters in kilometers?
- What is the birthstone for June
- How do fire extinguishers work
- Will streaming games stop buying PC games?
- Intense gravity fields stretch space-time
- What is my ideal weight
- Why does the light bend its way
- How do you sell ideas to companies
- Steam cleaners remove mold from carpet
- Can C do everything that C ++ can do
- How many people speak English in France
- How does sailboat racing work
- Do you want to find out
- Can a bricklayer join another lodge?
- Why is Quora fast
- How is the US education system divided?
- Which countries are similar to Dubai
- What happens when your senses are sharpened
- Have raisin-removing properties
- Why do you hate Bollywood
- Why do people like to correct others?
- How does guanabana taste
- How can you win a game of chess