Bipolar disorder can affect your mental health
Bipolar disorders are manifested by strong mood swings: The affected person experiences alternating extreme mood highs (manic phase) and pronounced mood lows, in between the mood is stable.
The manic phases are manifested, for example, by accelerated thinking, the urge to move and talk, difficulty concentrating, reduced need for sleep, increased desire for sex or social contacts, as well as a buying frenzy. Psychotic symptoms such as delusions or hallucinations can also occur. When the symptoms are milder and affect daily life less, it is called a hypomanic episode. Since these are just as often followed by depression, they must be treated as well
The depressive phases, on the other hand, express themselves as sadness, loss of interest, tiredness, eating and / or sleeping disorders, reduced self-confidence, difficulty concentrating, pessimism or suicidal thoughts.
Bipolar disorder can have a significant impact on everyday life, although professional or social life is not necessarily affected. The mood swings and the changed behavior are often first noticed by the environment, sometimes even before the person concerned is aware of the situation.
Treatment of bipolar disorder
The faster the disease is treated, the better the chances of recovery. Bipolar disorders can be treated with psychotherapy with drugs that are of great importance in this disease. Participating in a support group with people who have the same disorders is often a great help in overcoming these difficulties. It is also important to include the person's environment and to ensure a good quality of family, social and professional life.
If the symptoms are too severe and there is a danger to the person concerned or to others, a briefing may be necessary.
You can find help in your region here.
Further information on bipolar disorders can be found at swiss-bipolar.ch/beratung and Synapsespoir.
- What is the difference between health and fitness
- If light consists only of photons
- What does Etsy mean
- Is 0 5 greater than 1
- What are the worst skin care products
- Is Neptune viewed as big or small
- What is the difference between advertising and advertising
- Which causes some mothers to suffocate their children
- Will immunotherapy be effective for larynx cancer
- What happens to electrons in black holes
- Why are expats leaving Canada
- Everything is fine if we say that
- What does lack of empathy mean?
- Who offers online training on abinitio
- SAAS companies use other SAAS tools
- What is your biggest sexual dislike
- What animal has no legs?
- Who are the worst cricketers in India
- How is raw oil transported by rail
- Good is a Discover Student credit card
- Smoking cigarettes affects your skin
- How did the Roman Empire begin
- What if there was never an existence?
- Can one feel empathy without feeling love?