Successful people play video games
People who play certain types of video games are smarter
Gamers often do not have a good reputation: Many people consider them lazy and lackluster. Then there is the prejudice that video games make you stupid. But there are now indications that gaming also has positive side effects.
For a study by the University of York, a team of researchers led by expert Alex Wade compared the effects of strategy games such as “League of Legends” and “Dota 2” with the well-known first-person shooters “Destiny” and “Battlefield 3”.
It turned out that the performance of the strategy players is directly related to a better performance in intelligence tests. The first-person shooter is different: Here, performance even declined in adulthood.
Games like "League of Legends" require a high level of social interaction
Complex games such as "Dota 2" and "League of Legends" demand an increased degree of social interaction from players. People who prefer strategy games have to make strategically favorable decisions that challenge memory and concentration. In the case of first-person shooters, on the other hand, it's all about speed and precision.
However, the researchers also observed that people with above-average skills in strategy games are often also above-average intelligent - but there is not necessarily a connection.
- Is the room naturally dark
- What is 800 meters in kilometers?
- What is the future of Thailand's economy
- Why is Mark Sorrentino going to jail?
- Why did you stop being cleaner
- What are the 10 best selling tips
- What is the Sycamore Quantum Computer
- What are machine learning libraries in Java
- May cause depression to cause belly fat
- How fast is Malaysia developing in 2018
- What is the best book on Epicureanism
- Soldiers wear bulletproof vests
- How turtles snap like pets
- What is Uber General Manager Salary
- What made people happy 100 years ago
- Which is worse cancer or chemotherapy
- What is a content marketing funnel
- What do you like to eat
- What do DataRobot data science interviews look like
- What is the difference between health and fitness
- What do you like about eating seafood
- What is something healthy that you eat every day
- Why do most YouTubers leave YouTube forever?
- How is life in a word