Why is my phone screen white?
Activate Android black and white mode - this is how it works
The black and white mode of your smartphone is a new feature that is supposed to relieve stress caused by long screen times. We'll show you how to activate and deactivate the black and white mode in Android.
It has been known for many years that long screen hours cause stress. That is why new digital balance features such as the blue filter or the wind-down mode are presented again and again. These not only ensure that you use your smartphone more consciously, but also optimize it technically to reduce stress. The blue light filter, for example, reduces cold light, which is particularly stressful for the eyes in the long run. The black and white mode takes a similar approach. Not only is the light filtered here, but it is also ensured that you don't want to spend less time on your smartphone. The dreary black and white gets bored quickly, so that you automatically look at the display less often and, above all, for a shorter time.
Activate black and white mode via Digital Balance (Android 9 & 10)
If you have a smartphone with Android 9 or Android 10, you can use Google's new digital balance options. These help you to keep an eye on your screen times and to limit them. In addition to the classic blue light filter, you will also find a time-controlled black and white mode here. We'll show you how to activate it:
- Open the Settings on your smartphone and scroll to the point Digital balance or Digital wellbeing. - The name varies depending on whether you have a Samsung, Huawei or another Android smartphone.
- With some manufacturers you have to turn the regulator next to Screen time management activate so that further setting options become visible.
- Then tap bedtime or Relaxation mode.
- Set the top knob to.
- The black and white mode is now activated on your Android smartphone. With the options below the controller, you determine at which times and days of the week the mode is to be switched on and off automatically.
- If you want to deactivate the black-and-white mode again, all you have to do is turn off the slider at the top.
Activate black and white mode via developer options
If your smartphone has not received an update to Android 9 or Android 10, you'll have to use a little trickery to activate the black and white mode. You can only find this via the hidden developer options. But don't worry, we'll show you how to make them visible:
- Open the settings on your smartphone and scroll to the point Over the phone.
- Tap the here 7-8 times in a row Build numberuntil a window opens where you can enter your lock screen PIN.
- Well they are Developer options Go back to the Settings and tap on system.
- Here you can find Expanded options the Developer options.
- Open it, scroll to the point Hardware accelerated rendering and choose Simulate color space
- Now a window opens where you Monochrome or Color blindness select. Then your smartphone shows you all the content permanently in black and white.
Danger! - Be careful with the developer options. If you play around carelessly with the options, you can adjust your smartphone so that it becomes unusable in everyday life. For a layperson, it can then be very difficult to find the incorrect settings and to reverse them again.
- How can a company support women
- Mental illnesses are contagious
- Is cow's milk good for you
- Which is the best school in Dehradun
- Adolf Hitler was clever
- What does IVF cost in India
- Who can help me to find my passion
- Is stage 4 liver cancer curable?
- Is smoking 1 cigarette a day unhealthy?
- Why do children like McDonalds
- What do you think about the most?
- Have you ever been caught naked?
- Who totally lost your respect? Why
- Is there a way to collect photons
- What if obesity really matters
- How do you catch children lying?
- Can I touch the soul
- How good are upgrade placements
- Is studying in Dubai expensive?
- Did you use AirPods 2
- How can emotional health be described
- Are you happy or sad
- Can neutron stars fuse with black holes?
- Is the bulletproof diet actually healthy