Honolulu has a good bus system
Oahu - Hawaii’s number 1 meeting place
Many visitors think Oahu only consists of Waikiki before their Hawaii vacation, but this island offers much more than just this world-famous stretch of beach.
If you want an impression of the city and the country, this is the place for you. The island is wonderfully varied and offers something for every visitor.Oahu is also known as the “meeting point” and more than lives up to its nickname, everyone can find suitable accommodation here and with the large selection of restaurants it would take weeks to try everything.
Oahu is the third largest of the Hawaiian islands and is also home to the majority of Hawaiians. This is where western and eastern cultures meet and mix with Polynesian values and traditions. It is precisely this contrast program that makes Oahu something very special.
All over the island you will find memories of the history of Oahu, in which King Kamehameha plays a very important role. In 1898 Hawaii became a US territory. The 19th century resulted in many changes, primarily through missionary work. Everyone will remember December 7, 1941, when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, in which 12 American warships and 188 aircraft were damaged or destroyed and 2,471 people died. In 1959, Hawaii became the 50th state in the United States.
You don't necessarily need a car in Honolulu. There is a very good bus system called "TheBus", here you can also get multi-day tickets. Another alternative is the tram on wheels, which is not as extensive as the buses, but goes to the most famous sights of Honolulu.
In order to see the nature and the beauty of the entire island and also to get to know the contrast to the lively Honolulu, a vehicle is an advantage, as you will find wonderful places to discover on the island.
Highlights on Oahu:
- The surfers on the North Shore.
- Valley of the Temples (Buddhist temple) in Kaneohe in the east of the island.
- Nuuanu Pali Lookout (nice panoramic view).
- Pearl Harbor (including the USS Arizona Memorial).
- Kailua Beach with its crystal clear water.
- Hike to Diamond Head.
- Waikiki Beach.
- Kawaiahao Church from 1842.
Visit the Windward Coast with its rural charm and white sandy beaches. On the way you can make a stop at Nuuanu Pali Lookout, from which you have a wonderful panoramic view of the island. After the tunnels of the Koolau Mountains, the lively coastal town of Kailua awaits you on the turquoise blue sea.
With us you will find the right accommodation for this beautiful island at: https://www.pacific-travel-house.com/hawaii-reisen-spezialist-urlaub-spezialveranstalter_l3t18.html
This entry was posted in the special trip, Hawaii and tagged Hawaii, Honolulu, Oahu by Helena. Permanent link to the entry.
- Is mental health linked to physical health
- Online bike shops are dead
- What are the effects of dark matter
- Why is the current lower at high voltage
- Difference between style and look
- Why more modern religions claim creationism
- Helps whey recover after masturbating
- How do I get buyers from Malaysia
- What can drivers learn from the Braess paradox
- What does 33 BMI mean
- Why is the browser cache temporary
- What is 800 meters in kilometers?
- I can see a picture that you drew
- Is economics properly taught at universities?
- Which country is best for high income
- Why is my feed flooded with your replies
- What is Hong Kong independence
- What happened to the Tesla Semi
- Whom do we worship before Jesus
- How do top computer science students study
- Is Mac Cosmetics Wholesale Real
- What percentage of Thai people have Chinese ancestors?
- Space and time depend on matter
- Are you predisposed to be obese?
- What do you get when you are patriotic
- Maesten wine leaves
- What is the history of SolidWorks
- Jordan Peterson believes in evolution
- Why do people develop unhealthy obsessions
- Why do narcissistic women hate men
- Will hit Ripple 1000
- Could you use CRISPR to create a supervirus
- What are the top restaurants in Sydney