Sexual orientation really comes from birth
The sexual orientation
The sexual orientation that is expressed in adolescence and adulthood includes the sexual desires and inclinations with regard to the sex of the sexual partner. It can manifest itself in the form of predominantly heterosexuality, homosexuality and / or bisexuality. The sexual orientation is to be located on a continuum, with an exclusive homosexuality or exclusive heterosexuality representing the respective poles of a continuum.
Developing one's sexuality is an integral part of growing up.
The assignment to a sexual orientation is by no means always final, although it usually takes place in late adolescence or early adulthood. However, there are clear indications that homosexuality is structured long before puberty.
Attitudes towards homosexuality are different in different cultures and societies. If one's own sexual orientation does not correspond to the predominantly heterosexual expression, it can sometimes lead to massive conflicts in its development. Homosexual and bisexual as well as intersex or transsexual people have to do a lot more «identity work» than heterosexual people when developing their own sexual identity. You live in an environment that has developed typical role models and is characterized by heterosexual norms. At the same time, they often have to deal with discrimination and hostility, which can result in psychological stress. Although the living situation of people with different sexual orientations and gender identities in Germany has improved in recent years, people with homosexual or bisexual orientations are discriminated more often than average in public and in areas of leisure, but also in training or at work.
In order to protect people with different sexual orientations and gender identities from psychological stress, it would be fundamentally desirable to make the diversity of sexual orientation and gender identities more visible and, above all, more natural.
- What is the best protein powder for 2018
- Why are there conflicts in Syria 1
- What's your sad family story
- How can I become a pretty girl
- Why is symbolism so psychologically powerful?
- Regularly drinking tea affects your digestion
- Who are the top 10 SEO experts
- How do I monetize my Facebook group
- Does Tamil Nadu really need water
- What is blog posting 1
- Which companies offer free VPS hosting?
- How can I lose fat while fasting
- How can logistics be useful?
- Why do people buy ghostwriting services
- Who is the fastest player in cricket
- How effective is digital marketing in 2019
- What actually killed Voldemort
- Rainbow Six Siege is paid to win
- What kind of a Quora link bug is that
- What are the developing countries in Europe
- Which musicians can be called music therapists
- How to calculate the gamma distribution
- Why do all online courses cost 997
- Do people really enjoy working in counseling?
- What is the light emitted from fire
- Are the French racist against East Asians?
- Did you use AirPods 2
- How many ace cards are there
- Snail is a common dish in France
- What is the best neighborhood API
- What's in a supermarket
- What is the life of the upper class
- What do you think about mother's day