What is nationalism for?
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
Explanation of terms
In the term "nationalism" there is the word "nation". That means "political community". Sometimes people claim that "our state" and "our nation" are much better than anyone else. They believe that they are better and more important themselves, that they have a better culture and language than the other states. Often other peoples are looked down on, the people of other nations and their cultures are despised. With such exaggerated assessments one rises above all other people and puts oneself at the top.
Dangers of nationalism
Such a worldview that exalts one's own nation and devalues other nations is called “nationalism”. Often nationalists appear aggressive and threatening, because they only have their own interests in mind and these must not be questioned. A greatly exaggerated nationalism can endanger other states and peoples, as National Socialism in Germany has shown.
FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions
(Frequently Asked Questions - this is the English translation of "frequently asked questions")
your further questions ...
Write us your question
Before asking a question, please read the lexicon article in full. Please see if anyone has already asked the same question. Often you will find the answer to your question there.write us
- How can we practice exhibitionism
- The height is important
- How can you be happy 2
- What do we love the most?
- What does the name India symbolize
- Is it fun to live in Indonesia?
- What are the advantages of Salesforce certification
- Why should I blog on Quora
- What Dubai is a developed country
- Are green or red grapes healthier
- What is 0 5 1000
- A poor girl could still look pretty
- How is the sex life in Saudi Arabia
- Is Snoop Dogg a good person
- Well underestimates you for happiness
- Why are Asian countries most populous
- How can I be successful 1
- Why does India not give Kashmir independence
- Are there souls 1
- Canada has met your expectations
- There are 60 caliber bullets
- Why some teenagers pretend they hate romance
- Death is the best part of life
- What are the top three life hacks