It is dangerous to inhale gasoline
Everyday question | Is gasoline sniffing
For many it is THE highlight at the petrol station: the smell of petrol. The nose is held up, sniffing and shouted inside when the slightly ticklish smell spreads in the nose. But is that actually carcinogenic?
BILD knows:Unfortunately yes!
The benzene contained in petrol increases the risk of blood cancer (leukemia). In addition, the vapors can cause dizziness, headaches, vomiting and drowsiness, in severe cases it can lead to fainting. Continuous sniffing can damage the nervous system, liver and kidneys.
Regular drivers are particularly at risk, as are people who work in professions related to petrol (such as petrol station employees or traffic policemen) or who frequently stay in underground garages. Hobby gardeners are also exposed to benzene, as it is used to operate chainsaws, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers and lawnmowers, among other things.
Incidentally, it becomes really dangerous if gasoline is swallowed (for example, if you suck in gasoline through a hose and want to empty the tank) - possible consequences are burned mucous membranes and chemical pneumonia, which can be life-threatening. Also try to avoid skin contact with gasoline as benzene can be absorbed into the skin.
ADVERTISEMENT: Find the right job full-time, part-time or as an internship in the BILD job market now!
- What problems indirectly cause mental health problems
- Former US presidents receive safety briefing
- Is Kasol safe for girls
- What is a Libertarian 1
- Nowadays which technique is the best
- What are some lesser known mental disorders
- A polytropic process is sometimes referred to as an isentropic process
- When was a million discovered
- Should gun laws be banned
- What if I start smoking
- What is your idea of processed foods
- What are the most famous pagan religions
- The bones grow at the same rate
- How do you say other in Chinese
- Why do people drink spring water
- Where can stomach cancer spread?
- Are there vegetarians in South Korea
- Can I legally kill my children
- What is a stoic personality
- Should I invest in Bitcoin?
- Will conservatism slowly die out in America?
- What are the factors in algebra
- What is Dublichecker com
- Boston is a racist city