What is positive action
Brief content: Buddhists practice positive behavior, which leads to good impressions in the mind. These enable general well-being, more powerful meditation, and it becomes easier to see the true nature of mind.
- from the teaching material
(included in the download PDF)
Actions with speech
Actions with the mind
download this text as a PDF
(complete with teaching material)
The Buddhist explanations about the mode of action of cause and effect (karma) show how our behavior influences our experience. Enlightened activities arise when one is freed from karma. Before liberation, a Buddhist trains himself in positive behavior with body, speech and mind in order to gain energy for deeper insights in the meditative experience. He removes the tendencies towards negative behavior through purification meditation and strong desires, whereby he can use the Buddha, his teacher or his friends as support along the way. With many good impressions in the mind it is easier to meditate and one finds the strength and the courage to look through the imagery of inner states of experience to the absolute spatial clarity of the mind itself. On the "paths of accumulation and connection" the good deeds are so as important as collecting the wood before starting a fire. With the removal of the ego illusion one has overcome the dualistic view, but still adds wood to achieve full enlightenment.
In order for this process to work properly, the Buddhist combines meditation and behavior to develop liberating activity and wisdom. First he learns to observe the effects of dualistic actions and then to practice the liberating effects of the Buddha-activities. As long as the world is experienced as positive, negative or neutral, it is important to practice positive actions, avoid negative ones and remain conscious of neutral actions.
- What are some characteristics of good people
- What websites offer online engineering courses
- Can one tree kill another tree?
- How are chess players classified
- Why do some smart people manipulate others
- Who is your favorite character
- What if the universe is not infinite
- How big is the earth in kilometers
- How does the world economy work 1
- Can anything become my passion?
- How does amazing sex feel?
- Which is better Ahrefs or Ubersuggest
- What is better knowledge or wealth
- What is the scam committed by NDTV
- What does a normal distribution mean
- Which newsletters do you pay for
- What is a new product in marketing
- What are some nice hotels in Singapore
- Are there souls 1
- How do I index a Hubspot blog
- Which instantly makes you question someone's intelligence
- Should I find my true calling
- Which is mathematically a phase space
- How to properly pack groceries