Which blogs make the most money
Make money blogging: the complete one Guide
Have you heard of bloggers making a fortune online? Or do you think blogging is a wasted pastime? In this article, we'll show you the real potential of blogging and how you can build a successful blog that you can earn money with.
BECOME A PAID PRODUCT TESTER NOW AND EARN MONEY IMMEDIATELY
- Earn more than 30€ right after registration
- Payout within from 24h by Paypal or bank transfer
- Simple step-by-step instructions
How much can you actually earn with a blog?
This question cannot be answered in such a general way, since there are no publicly available statistics about what bloggers exactly earn - after all, there are all over the world Thousands and even millions of bloggers. While some blogs are run by companies and brands, many other blogs are run by ordinary people.
Nevertheless, the published numbers of bloggers and generally accessible statistics on advertising expenditure by companies provide information about how much you can actually earn as a blogger.
Earn money straight away online: the best apps
But the spectrum is very broad: There are bloggers who make practically no money at all, because they either publish too little or mostly bad content or do not monetize their blog properly (more on this later).
Other bloggers, on the other hand, have got the hang of it and know how to successfully generate traffic and revenue from a blog. There are therefore bloggers who not only earn a decent income of a few thousand euros a month, but even up to several million euros a year earn with their website.
In between there is a wide range of bloggers who run smaller or larger websites and monthly between a few hundred to several thousand euros to earn.
While for many the blog is just a sideline, there is also an increasing number of bloggers who earn a solid income and who as Full time blogger can designate - but the way to get there is not always easy.
Are there any other reasons I should start a blog?
In addition to being a huge drive to make money blogging, blogging has a few other benefits to offer. You should therefore not get the idea of setting up your own blog out of your head too soon.
- For many people, blogging begins as an exciting hobby where they have the chance to write for a potentially huge number of people and inform them about a topic that is important to them. So a blog is a great platform to to realize his ideas and visions.
- Blogging teaches you valuable skills that can also be of great use in everyday life and at work. First and foremost, of course, is the ability to write good texts. But you also acquire a lot of expertise in a topic and acquire valuable ones Skills in research, marketing, SEO and web design. These skills are in great demand nowadays.
- The great thing about running a blog is the ability to do it right away multiple sources ofpassive income to generate. Not only can you potentially reap the benefits later after initially hard work - the creation of several separate income streams is also a big plus of blogging.
- Blogging can be a great way to present yourself and your skills to a wide audience and yourself to establish itself as an expert in a field. Once you have built up a certain reputation as a blogger, it happens again and again that you are quoted by other websites and media or even contacted by companies that are interested in your own skills.
At the beginning you will certainly want to know whether blogging can not only be a hobby, but also a lucrative sideline. The answer is: yes, it can. The emphasis is on “can” because there is no guarantee that you will be successful with a blog and make big money.
That's why we'd like to tell you up front: Building a blog is hard work and takes a lot of hard work, dedication and perseverance. However, if you take the first hurdles, you have a good chance of earning a decent and, above all, very passive income as a blogger.
Do I even have what it takes to become a successful blogger?
Before we start with the step-by-step guide on how to build a successful blog, let's briefly look at the question of which skills you should bring as a blogger. Because, as already said, building a successful blog is not a sure-fire success, but rather a necessity a lot of perseverance and also some skills.
But first of all the good thing: A large part of the skills that you need as a blogger can be learned from scratch and well on the side. Courses over SEO, Marketing and Web Design there are a dime a dozen and on other blogs or YouTube you can also find enough free resources to acquire the necessary tools.
The only thing you really need to successfully start your blog adventure is:
- Enjoyment of writing and also a minimum of writing talent and knowledge of grammar. In contrast to classic journalism or when writing a book, spelling and grammar are not that important when creating a blog. Nevertheless, a certain basis is necessary so that readers and search engines such as Google recognize a sufficiently high quality and are not put off by a bad writing style.
- Perseverance and tenacity: If you start with the goal of getting rich quickly, you won't get very far as a blogger. Only those who know that the work of the first weeks and months will usually be completely unpaid and accept this fact can willingly undertake the effort necessary to set up a blog.
- Passion and curiosity: As a blogger you always have to learn new things - be it the content for the next blog article or technical or marketing aspects for the operation and marketing of your own website. So you need a certain amount of fire in order to constantly venture into new territory and want to learn new things.
How do you start a successful blog? The step by step instructions
Let's get to the exciting part: How to manage to build a blog from scratch that can later be a stable source of passive income. It all starts with choosing the right niche:
1. The alpha and omega: choose the right niche
One of the most important - if not the most important - step in building a blog comes before all technical questions: What topic do I want to write about on my blog.
Because if you make the wrong decision here, you will sometimes invest days and weeks of your valuable time only to end up empty-handed and give up.
After all, it is not easy to change a niche once you have chosen it and start from scratch. It is therefore worth taking enough time to carefully consider your choice of your own niche. But how do you know if a niche is suitable? There are several factors that make a good niche for a blog:
- The search volume: You should choose a topic that arouses sufficient interest and is searched for by many people on the Internet. Unfortunately, despite the big promises, keyword tools usually don't really help here. It is much more helpful to intuitively consider whether a topic is searched frequently on Google and whether there are already larger websites or forums on a topic. A search on Google Trends can also be enlightening to see if a topic is trending.
- Self-interest: In addition to the fact that a topic has to interest enough people on the Internet, it is extremely important that bloggers are also very interested in their own niche. Choosing a niche only for financial reasons is usually not promising in the long term, as you soon lose the motivation to spend time researching and writing new articles.
- The competition: When starting a new blog, it is important to assess the competition in a niche. As a new blogger, you should avoid very competitive niches such as cooking, fitness or personal finance, as it is difficult to get past the big websites here.
- flexibility: In order to keep a possible change in strategy open to you in the future, it can be worthwhile not to limit yourself to a niche that is too small at an early stage. It is a misconception that you can only be successful in a thematically very limited niche. For example, don't choose a niche that is limited to a small topic or even a single product.
- The potential: Another important aspect of a good niche is the opportunities to make money from it. You should consider right from the start whether there are enough options in a niche to earn money with affiliate links, advertisements or your own products (more on this in a moment).
Keeping these four points in mind when choosing your niche is critical to having any chance of success with your blog. If the explanations above are too brief for you, then I recommend that you do further research on the topic of “niche choice” so that you can start building your blog with confidence can.
2. WordPress, Blogger or Wix?
So you've decided on a niche and want to start building your blog? Then there are some strategic and technical considerations.
First of all, you should decide which one CMS (“Content Management System”) you want to use for your blog. If you like it technically as simple as possible want to do, then you can rely on a provider such as Blogger, Wix or Squarespace, as you get ready-made designs here and practically do not have to worry about technical issues.
In most cases, however, we recommend that you include your website WordPress to create, why? Over 63% of all websites on the Internet run on WordPress, making it the most popular CMS in the world.
Creating websites with WordPress has become a lot easier thanks to ready-made themes, plugins and countless tutorials on the Internet, and you can too without any programming knowledge create a website with WordPress.
In contrast to providers like Wix or Squarespace, WordPress also allows many more options to design your website according to your own wishes and needs also to be adapted later.
3. Select domain and hosting provider
Next, you need to decide on a domain and a hosting provider. The choice of the domain is particularly important because you will be able to use it later can only change with difficulty and this will be an important “figurehead” of your blog.
When choosing the domain you should consider the following:
- The domain should go well with the niche you're writing in.
- It cannot contain company or brand names, otherwise you risk copyright problems.
- The domain should be as short and memorable as possible.
You can usually do one domain directly from a hosting provider and is sometimes even included in the hosting price. There are hosting providers in different price ranges - but it's not necessarily worth spending a lot of money here, especially at the beginning.
A basic hosting plan with a provider like Siteground usually costs less than 5 euros a month. Later you can always switch to a more expensive provider with better services (in contrast to a domain change, a change of hosting is much easier).
4. Create content
The next step is probably who you are with most of the time and which will also have the greatest impact on the success of your blog. Because the heart and the guarantee of success of a blog is its content.
Unfortunately, it is not enough here to just write a few texts and then hope that Google will magically generate traffic, no: Organic traffic only comes when your blog has exceeded a certain “critical mass” of content and that takes time.
It's not just the amount of blog posts that you publish on your website that is important. That is also crucial Quality of the posts and the added value they bring to your readers.
The aim should therefore be to write blog articles that are well researched and helpful, but at the same time entertaining and easy to read - after all, you are not writing an encyclopedia, but texts for the Internet. When writing blog articles, you should also keep the following things in mind:
- The articles should only be shorter than 1000 words in exceptional cases, as statistical evaluations have shown that short articles have almost no chance on Google. So aim depending on the competition 1000 to 3000 words per article.
- In addition to good content, look out for one qualityformatting of your texts. This includes regularly breaking up “blocks of text” with sections, lists, subtitles, tables or graphics.
- Each article should have at least one Picture or photo have - but preferably several. You can either create them yourself or buy them cheaply on a stock photo platform such as Shutterstock.
- When creating your texts, try to write informative and professional on the one hand, but also yours on the other personality to come to fruition. This will later help you “bond” readers and be more likely to move them to action or purchase.
5. Generate traffic
With the creation of good content, you have already taken the most important step to soon see a lot of traffic on your blog. Because Google will find and test your articles automatically, so that you have a chance after a few months appear organically in search results. This is by far the best way to generate sustainable growth in traffic.
But there are still a few things you can do in addition to creating good blog articles to keep driving your traffic. And in order not to be too dependent on Google, it's worth checking out his Diversify traffic sources.
Social media platforms such as YouTube or Pinterest, because they allow more organic traffic than, for example, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (which prefer to keep the traffic to themselves).
So try to build a profile on one or both platforms to drive more traffic to your blog. It is sometimes worth attending a course or looking for help on YouTube so that you can proceed as efficiently as possible.
Another thing that can help with building traffic is writing Guest articles on established sites or Collaborations with other bloggers. Here it is important to only rely on reputable and established players and that in the end, whenever possible, you get a link to your own website.
6. Monetization - Make Money From Your Blog
Once you've created enough content to start generating traffic, you can move on to the next step: monetizing your blog.
There are different methods that you can use, depending on the traffic, to start earning money with your website:
- Affiliate Marketing: Look for companies that offer affiliate links for their products and incorporate them into your articles. This can be a link to Amazon or a local store - the main thing is that the products match your content. Make sure to use affiliate links only sparingly and in the right places so as not to worsen the “user experience” of your readers.
- Sponsored Content: Another way to make money as a blogger is through paid articles on your own website. You can contact companies (sometimes this happens automatically) for which an outbound link could be helpful. As a blog owner, you provide them with a platform on which they can place appropriate content with a link to their own page. Here, too, one should ensure that the quality of the contributions is adequate.
- Advertisements: Once you have achieved a certain amount of traffic (it is usually worthwhile from around 10,000 page visitors per month), you can earn good and, above all, very passively earned money by placing advertisements on your own website. To do this, you simply have to apply to an ad broker such as Google Adsense (not very lucrative) or Ezoic, which then enables you to place advertising directly on your own website.
- Own products: The “crème de la crème” of blogging is selling your own products.Not only can you implement your own ideas and creations here the most, the income potential is also greatest compared to the other methods. There are countless possibilities for suitable digital products such as e-books, online courses, coaching or member sites.
Important tips for building a blog
Now that we've looked at the most important steps to follow when building a blog, there are a few more important tips that bloggers should always keep in mind when they are getting started:
Time is key: why most bloggers fail
If blogging was easy, everyone would probably do it. Indeed, it is good that there is certain obstacles that make it difficult to get started as a new blogger. What may sound a bit daunting at first, but should be viewed as positive:
Because once you have survived the initial phase and generated a lot of traffic thanks to good content, then it is also much easier to keep this position - and not to lose it again to the next blogger.
The fact that Google doesn't show a new article at the top of the search results the next day is a bit frustrating at first, it but also protects content creators from excessive competition.
However, especially when starting a brand new blog, it is sometimes not easy to accept this fact and it is practical to continue working on his blog without showing any results. But that's exactly what leads to success in the end and distinguishes successful bloggers from those who fail and give up early.
Quality over Quantity: Why Content Mills and Keyword Tools Are Doomed to Fail
Many bloggers fail because they want to "trick" Google and bypass the process of generating organic traffic. They try to do this either by employing keyword tools that appear to specify exactly what topics and what keywords to write about.
But the fact is: Nobody except Google knows the actual search volume and trafficthat websites generate with different keywords. That's the reason why Keyword tools are wrong for the most part - Reliance on a keyword tool can therefore quickly lead to a dead end.
Another “trick” that usually leads to the failure of a blog in the long run is the mass production of poor quality texts with “content mills” or other techniques. Many bloggers also try to bypass Google by using keywords on a massive scale and thus appear faster in search results.
If this approach still worked 5 years ago, it has no longer been possible since the last few Google updates at the latest: Google has become increasingly better at that Quality of texts to judge and punish inferior or copied texts in the search results.
So the bottom line is: quality over quantity. In the long run, well-researched and written texts have a much better chance of success than texts that were created with automated tools and without dedication or inspiration.
Blog or niche site - what's the difference?
On the Internet and on YouTube, the two terms “blog” and “niche site” are often used in the same breath - and they are essentially the same thing. In contrast to a niche site, a blog can also non-commercial and purely as a hobby operate. With a niche site, there is always the intention to use the created content that is aimed at a specific target group, Make a profit.
Blogging for Long Term Income - Copywriting to generate income quickly
Are you wondering how you can make money as a blogger while you're still waiting for the organic traffic and practically working unpaid? While many bloggers build their website part-time alongside another purchase, there is one more great option: Working as a copywriter or copywriter.
This freelance activity is ideal in combination with building a blog, as you can use the same skills and abilities.
Instead of writing for your own blog, as a copywriter you create texts for other blogs or businesseswho pay you for this service. In contrast to your own blog, you don't have to wait long for an income here, but are paid almost immediately for the creation of the text.
This method is well suited for bridging the time in which your own blog is not yet generating any money and you have to generate income in another way.
Another way to make money on the Internet in the short term is to participate in Product testsas we offer them on the Testerheld website. Here you will be paid directly for testing products from various German and international companies.
Conclusion: blogging has great potential, but it is not suitable for everyone
All in all, we have seen that blogging is an exciting activity in which you can not only bring in your own ideas and learn a lot of skills, but also the chance to predominantly passive income Has. However, taking advantage of this opportunity is in the hands of every single blogger and involves a lot of work.
Creating a blog quickly and then getting rich with it is by no means a sure-fire success. Rather, it is a process that requires a lot of dedication and passion, but which can then reward you in the form of various sources of income.
We recommend that you dig deeper into the topic and learn more about copywriting, SEO and online marketing before you start your blogging adventure. Only when you have a good one Understanding of this unique business model you will stand a good chance and become a successful blogger in the long run.
- Which software companies pay the highest salaries
- Should education make better politicians
- What day is the weekend in Johor Bahru
- How do I start with pharmaceutical marketing
- How do I settle in Dubai
- What is fiber plants
- What feels good for you now
- How has influencer marketing affected your marketing?
- What vitamins does grape juice have
- How does the summer school help
- Are you happy after leaving TCS
- Why are Baluchis striving for independence from Pakistan?
- Digital marketing and data analysis
- Can a person with heart disease quickly
- When is Black Friday 2020
- Does gamification work in the classroom
- What color goes with peach
- Is it a bad thing to be called silly?
- What are the best marketing technology blogs
- What tools do data analysts use
- What will happen to the Conservatives of Never Trump
- What would lead to people developing?
- What are the main cities in Japan
- What is the best job as a nurse