What is a mobile advertising network
An ad network is generally a network of various online platforms and media that advertisers can use to place advertisements. The advertising network acts as an intermediary by bundling advertising space and inventory and selling it to one or more advertisers as part of mostly keyword-related campaigns. Text ads, banners or even animated advertisements are then displayed and placed within the advertising network in such a way that they relate to the previously defined criteria of the campaign - such as target groups, interests, geodata or even keywords. The delivery takes place via special ad servers, which are also used for tracking and reporting. Billing is often done using pay per click or pay per action models, whereby the design of the advertising campaigns also depends on the provider of the advertising network and its technical possibilities.
Types of advertising networks 
Advertising networks can be differentiated based on the thematic focus and the technology used:
- Horizontal: A network of websites covers many different subject areas and industries. Sometimes advertising is aggregated under a well-known umbrella brand that includes many other websites and portals. The ranges of horizontal networks are often enormous. However, the placement of individual ads is not always selectable, so that the advertising environment may not be controlled. The latter is especially the case with cheap offers in so-called blind networks, where there is no media brand behind the offer. The reputation of the advertising network, as well as the price of an ad, should therefore be decisive with the greatest possible reach.
- Vertical: Vertical advertising networks bundle advertising space and inventory in order to display this on topic and industry-relevant media. These are niche sites, special interest magazines, and blogs that are particularly relevant to specific interest groups. The reach is often less, but the advertising success also depends on the relevance for the user.
- Focused: Some advertising networks focus on programmatic buying of ads, behavioral and context-related delivery as well as big data technologies in order to use user data to increase the relevance of advertisements and to optimize their technical delivery on the side of the ad server. Networks that operate exclusively in the mobile sector are also viewed as focused advertising networks.
- Frequency capping and remarketing: In order not to annoy users, the display frequency of ads can be limited. This is particularly recommended for remarketing.
- Placement and reach: Ad networks cannot guarantee placement, but unwanted placements can usually be excluded in order to control the advertising environment. The often stated range of an advertising network is usually only an average value that relates to a single channel.
- Contextual / Behavioral Targeting: Some advertising networks offer their customers advertisements that are based on contextual and / or behavioral information. The thematic context of a website is just as crucial as the user's past behavior, which is equated with his current interests. Which type of targeting makes the most sense depends on the goals of the campaign and the medium to be promoted.
- Data protection and privacy: All data collected must comply with the applicable laws in order to protect the privacy of users. Renowned media companies are also organized in associations and committees such as AGOF, IVW, BVDW or the American IAB.
- Transparent billing models: As a rule, you pay per ad click. However, alternative billing models are also conceivable for certain campaigns.
- Certificates and official advertising partners: Some advertising networks and agencies advertise with partnerships and certificates. These should be checked for accuracy.
The best-known advertising network in Germany is the Google Ad Network, which is divided into a search network and a display network.
- The search network consists of the results pages from Google, websites such as Google Maps and Google Shopping as well as search websites that have entered into a cooperation with Google (AOL, T-Online, ...)
- The display network bundles on the one hand Google's internal websites such as YouTube, Blogger and Gmail, and on the other hand numerous partner websites that offer their advertising space via Google, but no search services.
The purpose of this subdivision is to enable advertisers to control where their ads should be placed in view of the return on investment. In the search network, search terms are usually entered by users in order to obtain relevant results. In the display network, on the other hand, users surf on websites that are of interest to them. For this reason, campaigns are also possible here that go beyond the goals of clicks and conversions: branding, product launches (awareness) and increasing the reach of a medium. For example, a new product must first be made known to users before sales-oriented ads in the search network make sense.
Other well-known advertising networks:
- AOL Advertising
- Microsoft Media Network
- Yahoo! Bing Network
- Vibrant Media
- Specific media
Importance for online marketing
Ad networks are an essential part of marketing content on the Internet. Some advertising networks offer extended options for placement, targeting (alignment) and buying (billing) and have a high reach. Other advertising networks focus on niche sites in order to increase the relevance for the user. The choice of a suitable advertising network can therefore significantly influence the advertising success and the ROI of advertisements and campaigns on the Internet. Depending on the campaign goal, however, the differences between the advertising networks and the differences in the possibilities within a network must also be taken into account: A new product would only be advertised in the Google advertising network in the display network before ads would be placed in the search network. Ultimately, the choice of an advertising network depends on many different factors and can only be made in individual cases. With the above services and features, however, dubious agencies and marketers should be able to be excluded in advance.
- ↑ What is vertical advertising? quotationring.com. Retrieved on July 12, 2016
- ↑ Topic channels vs. vertical networks adzine.de. Retrieved on July 12, 2016
- ↑ Tips for the display network traffic3.net. Retrieved on July 12, 2016
- ↑ The Google Display Network support.google.com. Retrieved on July 12, 2016
- ↑ Guide for Google AdWords ™ advertisers: Cooperation with Krick Industrie- und Handelswerbung mit-krick-zum-klick.com. Retrieved on July 12, 2016
- ↑ Google network support.google.com. Retrieved on July 12, 2016
- ↑ Google network support.google.com. Retrieved on July 12, 2016
- ↑ AdWords Display Network (GDN) traffic3.net. Retrieved on July 12, 2016
Web links 
- Why are dementors so sad
- What percentage of our mind is unconscious
- How much is the delivery on DoorDash
- What is the best ultrasonic cleaner
- Unstoppable Donald Trump
- Why can't Avada Kedavra be blocked
- Why are scented candles so expensive
- Who was the second queen of England
- What is the most developed Muslim country
- Video game microtransactions will eventually go away
- How do I fix a necklace
- What's your rating of Rakuten
- How does an SMS API work
- Why are smaller spoons called teaspoons
- What software do product designers use nowadays
- Did space or time happen first?
- Steam cleaners remove mold from carpet
- Which Canon camera should I buy?
- When does schizophrenia occur in childhood?
- Why are westerners interested in Chinese girls?
- What does Bob mean at Walmart
- Dropshipping All reliable dropshippers in Europe
- What is nickel
- What gang is 21 Savage associated with
- Can we survive without money
- Which airlines offer refundable tickets to Australia?
- How does your B2B Instagram use
- Which companies will sponsor a startup
- What spells should warlocks not receive?
- Why is the internet very expensive in Malaysia
- What is the best projector for your home?
- Can space be created by someone
- What were your impressions of a visit to Russia