Most Singaporeans are fluent in Mandarin
Do you speak Chinese (Mandarin) in Singapore?
Singapore has four official languages: English (due to the British colonial past and for the general understanding of the different cultures there), Bahasa Malaysia (because it used to belong to Malaysia and many Malay and Malay people still live there), the Indian language Tamil and yes who have favourited Mandarin Chinese language.
The announcements in the MRT (Mass Rapid Transport, the local metro) are always in English and, depending on the district, also in Malay, Tamil or Mandarin.
Everyone speaks English there, even if the Chinese and Malays are sometimes quite strange ("Singlisch", pronunciation deficits due to the peculiarities of the mother tongue, some "wrong friends", i.e. differently used vocabulary and almost every sentence ends with "lah", something like that Swiss "or" or the German "not true" ended). Some Chinese taxi drivers have had problems with me to tell the hotels "Ramada" (my hotel) and "Amara" (another) apart. Very nice the conclusion of a driver, to whom I showed my room card after a long discussion: "This is not Amada Hotel, this is Amada Hotel".
Mandari and Tamil have been chosen at random by the government and do not necessarily represent the ethnic groups and languages of Chinese / Chinese-born and Indian / Indian-born in Singapore.
But yes, the Chinese speak Madarin there and it is even an official language. Okay lah?
- Software sales commission at startup
- How can I lose weight healthily
- How many served as marines
- Would you cancel the second amendment
- Can something exist without time
- Why does communism appeal to people
- I need love
- Does the steam separator refer to the steam engine
- What are the uses of dried fruits
- Does it hurt boys to reject girls?
- How does an employment agency work
- Are there delivery apps in Accra Ghana
- What characteristics should a house have
- What is clubs in fishing
- Can you feel your own death
- The Germans play Scrabble
- Some kind of pigs can eat people
- Why do restaurants donate to charitable organizations
- Should I follow my passion
- How hardworking are Singaporeans
- Can I Short Sell Bitcoin Cash?
- Should I visit Pakistan for tourism
- How many dollars is 500 pounds
- What is 800 meters in kilometers?