Are the Philippines a part of Asia?
independent since 1946
South East Asia
geographyThe Philippines are an archipelago in the South China Sea. The land has a total area of 300,000 km² and a total coastline of 36,289 km. This land mass corresponds to about 84% of the size of Germany. The Philippines are the 21st largest country in Asia and 73rd worldwide. It is comparatively low at an average height of 442 meters above sea level.
The archipelago consists of 7,641 mostly uninhabited islands. The Philippines do not have any directly bordering countries. The distance between Berlin and the capital Manila is approximately 9,880 km.
1 peso is divided into 100 centavos.
Status: May 18, 2021
1 euro = 58.24 pesos
1000 Peso = 17.17 euros
The climate in the PhilippinesIn the Philippines, as in all equatorial countries, there is a tropical climate. There is no difference between the seasons as there is in Central Europe. The length of the day hardly fluctuates and the temperature differences between summer and winter are also smaller. The average maximum daily temperatures are between 30 and 33 degrees, depending on the season. In some parts of the country, the values can reach up to 35 degrees during the day. In the colder months, depending on the region, the temperature drops to up to 23 ° C in the monthly mean at night.
Average day and night temperatures
|Church of Christ||2,3%|
According to the definition of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Philippines is one of the developing countries due to its economic performance. Despite this classification, the country is currently one of the emerging countries, i.e. one of the countries with increasing industrialization.
|4% urban areas:||10,817 km²|
|42% agriculture:||125,160 km²|
|27% forests:||80,880 km²|
|0% water surface:||1,830 km²|
|28% other areas:||83,143 km²|
|Road network:||216,387 km|
|Rail network:||77 km|
The main cities
(Based on the World Bank's "Worldwide Governance Indicators" project)
|Rule of law:|
|Freedom of speech:|
|Death penalty:||abolished in 2006|
Existing trade agreements
- What are the risks of blood transfusions
- How do I get graphic design clients
- How much does it cost to plant trees
- How can I learn SAS quickly
- Australia is richer than the United States
- How dangerous is Rio de Janeiro
- Which viral disease is without symptoms
- How many high-ranking Nazis were Austrians
- How companies research their emails
- What are the best Bach recordings
- What does fml mean when writing SMS
- Can it be healthy for you to eat fat?
- American English has a dialect continuum
- What is a curriculum
- How much is 5000 to Yen
- Ambition is a fiery but sad feeling
- How many WordPress blogs can I have
- Why are Glock 18 so rare
- You can smoke cigarettes through your nose
- If light consists only of photons
- Supernatural Phenomena Is this an inexplicable event?
- Where do people go when they die?
- What is PayTM 1
- How do I join the blood