Who were the main philosophers of stoicism
Below is a link to several articles / pages introducing you to stoicism. These are very brief introductions (less than 2,000 words) intended to provide an overview of the philosophy, the Stoic philosophers, and the main texts that have survived to this day.
Every Monday we send a stoic meditation straight to your inbox so you can learn the philosophy and apply it directly to your life. When you sign up for Monday Meditations you also get access to our private Facebook discussion group.
A brief introduction to stoicism
This is a brief introduction to the philosophy of who the main philosophers are and what scriptures they left behind.
The stoic philosophers
This piece contains mini-biographies of the three great Stoics as well as some of the most famous philosophers in philosophy.
The stoic texts
A very brief introduction to the main surviving Stoic texts.
A list of ancient texts, biographies, and other works to better understand philosophy. While the list may not be complete (it will be expanded), it contains many well-known and unknown books to help everyone get started in learning the history and philosophy of stoicism.
The Stoic Within participates in the Amazon Services LLC Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program that allows websites to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. In simpler terms, when you buy a book on Amazon through a link in this article, I get a very small percentage of its price.
- Dogs harm their owners
- What Gatorade is keto-friendly
- Green bananas are poisonous
- When should the fertility rate be increased?
- Why should I be proud of myself?
- What makes you immediately suspicious of someone
- Why is cows tipping a thing
- Why does my bedroom smell like sleeping
- Is the Quran the word of God
- What is interesting about the normal distribution
- How can I eat a vegan diet?
- How to make pastry pie
- Is a donation to a charity a transaction
- Are humans really enduring animals?
- Can you help me cure psoriasis?
- Where do dry cleaners send their clothes?
- What is a non-specific immune response
- The French really don't like the Belgians
- What percentage of Americans are vegetarians?
- What are the benefits of jogging every day
- How can designers quickly get feedback from users
- How much is 25,000 quarters
- American culture is violent
- What are some cultural values in Japan