How do you prevent muscle cramps
Muscle cramps - what helps against sudden pain?
Every athlete knows the feeling: During training, the calf muscles suddenly contract spasmodically. A dreaded phenomenon. Because usually muscle cramps are so painful that you can hardly stand on your feet. And at the crucial moment - for example shortly before the shot on goal - a muscle cramp can not only be annoying, but also cause injury.
Mineral water helps
If you want to reliably prevent muscle spasms, you should above all drink enough. Because when you sweat, the body loses valuable fluids, so-called electrolytes.
After just one hour of exercise, fluid loss can have a noticeable effect on performance. Because the lactic acid produced by muscle work is then no longer flushed out, but collects in the muscles and causes hyperacidity there. Only regular drinking, if possible before you become thirsty, can prevent this.
Rule of thumb for drinking
As a rule of thumb for active athletes, when exercising for more than half an hour, about 150 ml (a small glass) of carbonated mineral water should be drunk every 15 to 20 minutes. With long-term exposure, 250 ml (milliliters) of medicinal water with a high HCO³ content can also be drunk "prophylactically". In addition, a diet rich in magnesium should be ensured. Bananas or nuts - enjoyed as a small snack between meals - are rich in magnesium.
If a muscle spasm does occur, a soft, shaking massage will help to relieve the spasm. First aid for calf cramps: press your heel down firmly while pulling your toes up.
- Death is the best part of life
- How do you raise a multilingual child
- Who will invade Australia
- How are obesity and poverty related?
- How far can sound waves travel?
- What happens to unsolved crimes
- The US Navy has reserve ships
- What is the difference between copyright and licensing
- When everyone is rich, everyone is rich
- How do I settle in Indonesia
- What is the best novel of all time and why
- Need a PC to play
- Shops will no longer accept grocery stamps
- What is a content marketing funnel
- What's the strongest cigarette out there
- Is email marketing better than cold calling
- How are secondary colors made
- Why do bridesmaids pay for their dress
- Why did Aaron Greenspan suing Coinbase
- Keyword anticipation is better than keyword research
- Why aren't lawyers called doctors?
- What are you doing wrong
- Everyone has a niche
- Why does the ball roll but not slide
- What are the cons of online shopping
- Who is 50 cents
- Why is time slower with high gravity
- What do you think of Quora moderation
- How do you sharpen a fluted knife
- What are your spiritual experiences with God
- Software development is a good career
- Is the AI overwhelmed in 2017?
- Are Honda Suitable for Reliable Cars
- Who is the sportiest actress