Cholesterol makes you fat
Cholesterol Lowering Foods - These 10 Help
The right diet can have a positive effect on blood lipid levels. There are even certain foods that are considered natural cholesterol lowering drugs be valid. Thus, for example, some types of fruit and vegetables are plant-based cholesterol-lowering agents.
"An apple a day keeps the doctor away" - this saying is actually not out of thin air. Because who 2 apples a day eats can lower high cholesterol. This is the result of a British study from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. The reason: Apples are rich in pectins (= fiber). These bind bile acid in the intestine, which is then excreted. In order to be able to produce new bile acid, the liver draws on cholesterol from the blood and the cholesterol level drops.
The pear-shaped fruit contains a lot of fat. But these are mainly monounsaturated fatty acids. These can reduce the total cholesterol level and the level of harmful LDL cholesterol. According to a study by the Pennsylvania State University, consumption has one avocado a day in overweight adults a positive influence on the blood lipid values.
Green tea doesn't just contain Tannins, but also so-called Saponins. The latter is a sugar-like substance that binds cholesterol from food in the intestine and can thus have a positive effect on the cholesterol level in the blood. Tannins also inhibit the absorption of fats from food.
In addition to unsaturated fatty acids, olive oil also contains phytochemicals. These can reduce the level of problematic LDL cholesterol in the blood. However, it should Cold pressed oil and not be heated. Many of the healthy nutrients are lost through warmth.
According to a 2017 study by the Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich (LMU), walnuts help improve fat metabolism and reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood. The explanation: The healthy kernels are rich in unsaturated fatty acids. In order to benefit from the positive effects, one should about a handful a day eat.
Lycopene not only ensures that the tomato is so beautifully red. The dye increases the level of healthy HDL cholesterol in the blood and prevents cholesterol from building up in the walls of the blood vessels. It does not matter whether you use fresh tomatoes or the canned version. However, so that the body can better absorb lycopene, tomatoes should be heated before consumption.
The tuber contains the active ingredient alliin. The amino acid has one positive effect on the cardiovascular system and inhibits the formation of cholesterol. So far, however, the latter has only been proven in tests in test tubes and in animals.
Even if chocolate is high in saturated fat and calories, it is not unhealthy per se. However, one should pay attention to the cocoa content. The higher it is, the more flavonoids it contains. The phytochemicals can help lower cholesterol levels. Experts therefore recommend using chocolate instead at least 70 percent cocoa content to snack.
Ginger is not known as a "superfood" for nothing. Among other things, the root is also a natural cholesterol-lowering agent. This is due to the gingerols (hot substances) it contains. They cause cholesterol to be increasingly converted into bile acid and excreted. A small amount of 2 grams of ginger powder or about one is enough for this effect thumb-sized root piece per day out.
High fat fish like salmon, mackerel, herring and tuna contain a large amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids. These can lower LDL cholesterol levels. The German Nutrition Society recommends eating fish once or twice a week. Fish oil capsules, on the other hand, should only be taken after consulting a doctor.
- What are the must-see Youtube series
- What are the causes of Raynaud's Syndrome
- What is google maps
- What is the best webinar platform
- How can I get a site ranking
- What are hyperparameters in machine learning
- Why is Christmas celebrated on December 25th
- delete this 26
- How many coins make 9 dollars
- What is your daily little luck
- What is the average income in Canada
- What is the difference between copyright and licensing
- What does conversion mean
- What does it mean to see someone 1
- How strict is SASTRA
- Webinars cost money
- What is my ideal weight
- How is a fish a vegetarian
- What is a gig employee
- What kind of paintings are usually sold?
- Is it Quora that really needs to be improved
- What happens to electrons in black holes
- How could Lyft better compete with Uber
- Are Turkish and Caucasian
- Which countries have the most foreign workers?
- Where do billionaires moor their yachts?
- What is Mark Zuckerberg's salary
- What is 1 cosx 1 cosx
- Should I use Quora?
- Takes time energy to move forward
- Will Israel still exist in 25 years
- Which is the largest negative number
- How much can you save in Malaysia
- Which benzodiazepines are most effective