What is the future of Thailand's economy
Thailand has successfully made the transition from an emerging to an industrialized country; the country's economy is growing rapidly. However, the emission of greenhouse gases is above average. Renewable energies and technologies that increase energy efficiency are therefore in great demand. Like many Southeast Asian countries, Thailand is suffering from the effects of climate change, flooding and periods of drought are common. Transport also lags far behind the requirements of a sustainable economy.
The Thai government has developed a concept of the "frugal economy". The economy is supposed to grow, but the population - especially the rural population - should live in such a way that they can support themselves and are less dependent on international trade. Thailand has also committed to the sustainable development goals adopted by the world community and the Paris climate agreement.
The Southeast Asian state has developed from a recipient to a donor in international cooperation. GIZ's work in Thailand is currently focused on three areas:
- Climate: Thailand wants to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions and adapt better to climate change. Topics are climate policy, energy efficiency, renewable energies, cooling technology and ecological water management
- Triangular cooperation: Together with Germany, Thailand supports projects in other countries, e.g. in the promotion of small businesses or vocational training.
- Thailand serves as a hub for the ASEAN area and cooperation with the United Nations Social and Economic Commission. Topics are traffic, agriculture, risk management and the optimization of urban resources.
The clients for the activities implemented by GIZ are the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) and the European Union. There are also new financing partners such as Toyota Motors or the Rockefeller Foundation and the Thai state.
- Magnets attract electricity
- What is your training plan
- How to build an app business
- What is the 4th dimension according to Einstein
- Love Marathi India
- All postal ballot papers are counted
- What are the best brand names
- Is Islam a religion or a cult
- Are Wirtinger derivatives acceptable in mathematics
- How do you feel about anal sex
- Can you say something nice about someone
- Which companies should merge and why
- What is something healthy that you eat every day
- How do Americans see Israel in general?
- How many games are in cards
- How much do Indian fashion bloggers earn
- What is the recyclable municipal waste
- Will Hazard join Real Madrid this summer
- Which stoic philosopher is your favorite
- What is my ideal weight
- Uses PayPal Bitcoin
- What is the nicest alcoholic drink
- How McDonalds Can Affect Your Health
- What were Hitler's weaknesses?
- Which hashtags should I use on Twitter?
- Why do bullets ricochet?
- Shall we live without a phone?
- What conflicts exist between Catholics and Protestants
- What did cancer teach you about life
- How is time shifted into space
- What is Discord Nitro
- What is YouTube's software architecture
- Should I use WordPress or not
- Which religion has changed the world the most?