What are some examples of status symbols
Status symbol (German)
Part of speech: noun, (neuter)Hyphenation:
- Status | tus | symbol | bol, Plural: Status | tus | symbol | bo | le
- IPA: [ˈƩtaːtʊszʏmˌboːl], [ˈstaːtʊszʏmˌboːl]
- 1) something with which someone wants to emphasize their special position in society
- Determinative compound from nouns status and symbol
- 1) symbol
- 1) “The house as Status symbol the Fulbe - I found that interesting, because traditionally they are a nomadic people. "
- 1) “In Germany, the few pounds over the belt are not noticeable, in Ethiopia, where a tummy Status symbol and the unmistakable sign of a certain prosperity is, yes. "
- Nominative: singular Status symbol; Plural Status symbols
- Genitive: singular Status symbol; Plural Status symbols
- Dative: singular Status symbol; Plural Status symbols
- Accusative: singular Status symbol; Plural Status symbols
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The Canadian keyboard smartphones were Status symbol and technology pioneer. How did it become a niche product?“
Spiegel Online, September 30, 2018
„There is a new one Status symbol for top private bankers around the globe: A call from Boris Collardi.“
cash.ch, November 25, 2018
„You get luxury stalls and organic feed: Your own poultry becomes a Status symbol in Silicon Valley.“
Bernerzeitung.ch, January 27, 2019
„The day of schooling becomes an event, the school cone becomes a Status symbol - There are other things that parents can use to ease the transition into everyday school life for their children.“
Stuttgarter Zeitung online, September 10, 2018
„GmbH managing directors are paid the best in industry - and significantly better than the few women managing directors. The Status symbol The car remains popular.“
Handelsblatt.com, October 20, 2018
„A significant one Status symbol in Silicon Beach is the pilot's license. But - what about sustainability?“
sueddeutsche.de, December 03, 2019
„For a long time that was travel Status symbol Generation Y - before the climate debate.“
Kölnische Rundschau, March 8th, 2020
„In the past, the sneaker was just a sports shoe. But today he is as Status symbol a fashionable hit on the foot.“
Blick Online, June 05, 2020
„The soap has had an amazing career as a career over the past few years Status symbol laid down. Then the virus came. And soaps were just there for washing again.“
NZZ, April 03, 2020
„They are easy to get hold of and look amazingly real. However, many use the pistols not for deterrence and self-defense, but also as a Status symbol to shoot around. For example on New Year's Eve.“
GMX, January 15, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
Another word (synonym) for status symbol - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "status symbol":
status:, Status theory, status symbol 4), investigation status, Wikipedia status Translations English: state, status Latin: 1) status
moth: ... administrative buildings were built on some of these hills. In this case, the increase served as a status symbol for the ruler. In some cases, residential houses have been built on them. In…
airbus:… 2) Converted to a private jet, the Airbus A380 (superjumbo) is now the largest mobile status symbol in the world. Translations English: 1) Airbus Spanish: 1)…
regionally: "As everywhere in the world, where over-saturated elites have formed, dogs are increasingly becoming a status symbol - even in countries like Thailand or China, where dog meat is still a delicacy in some areas."
hack: "Apart from the fighting dogs, which have become the status symbol of many Gernegroß-Piefkes here, thousands of tölen populate the city, which of course warm the hearts of lonely housewives, but just peck where they like."
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Status symbol" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (19.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Statussymbol/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term “status symbol” and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Status symbols (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Sta | tus | sym | bo | le Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Status symbols (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sta | tus | sym | bo | len Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Status symbol (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Sta | tus | sym | bols Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Statute (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular statute; Plural statutes genitive: singular ...
Statutory city (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular Statutarstadt; Plural statutory cities genitive: ...
Statutory cities (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sta | tu | tar | städ | te Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Statutory cities (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Sta | tu | tar | städ | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Statutes (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subsidiary Forms: Statut Hyphenation: Sta | tu | te Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Statutes (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sta | tu | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ʃtaˈtuːtn̩]…
- Where is chemical waste disposed of?
- How is life in a socialist country
- How profitable is a losing business
- Is communism good
- What is information in terms of physics
- Why do Chinese people hate Americans so much
- Have you ever tried to kill someone?
- Has a black hole place
- Why humans don't live in Antarctica
- How can I earn 10,000 quickly
- Why do you convert to another religion?
- How do I start freelancing 1
- There are baseball hooligans
- It takes forever to wipe my bum
- How to say Japan in Japanese
- When the diet does not lower cholesterol
- Why do husbands not respect their wives?
- How is precipitation measured 1
- What makes compact distributors so special
- How do I list keywords for SEO
- What are the questions about the Apple interview
- The arts who painted this painting
- Christianity is dying in the US
- Water bottle refilling is cancer related