What are sunk costs
|HouseholdSteuerung.de »Lexicon» K »Costs, sunken |
Lexicon on public budget and financial management
Sunk costs (also: sunk costs, irreversible costs) are costs that were caused by a decision made in the past and that can no longer be changed today in terms of their existence and amount. It is therefore no longer possible to avoid or reduce costs through current or future decisions.
Since they can no longer be influenced, sunk costs are costs that must not be included in the decision-making process for current or future decisions (e.g. investment decisions).
Example of sunk costs: The community of Musterhausen has made an investment decision (e.g. bridge over a stream in the community). The planned volume of the investment is 5 million euros. After a few years it turns out that the 5 million euros (of which 4 million euros have already been spent) were clearly underestimated. In fact, the investment project, including the 4 million euros already spent, will cost a total of 15 million euros. The community is now faced with the choice of either canceling the project or pursuing it further. The project termination is assumed to cost 1 million euros. In this decision, the already incurred costs of 4 million euros must not be taken into account, as they represent sunk costs. The decision alternatives are therefore:
- What does it mean to see someone 1
- America is led by the Illuminati
- Do freelancers have to pay GST
- Make prostitutes good women and mothers
- Why are Huawei phones so expensive
- How does credit affect a mortgage
- Why do people think you're weird
- Which Roman emperor had the most children?
- Are grapes helpful in weight gain
- What are the benefits of online training
- Is a mental illness curable 1
- What are the best vegan makeup brands
- What's the best Fifth Harmony song
- Have you ever magically attracted money
- What are some existing technology monopolies
- Are animals more loving than humans
- How do I train and eat properly?
- What is Doctors Without Borders
- How can I remove my WhatsApp account?
- Where did the sun last rise?
- Why are vaccines never 100% effective
- What exactly sexually arouses a woman
- When do the peasants sow seeds
- What are the similarities between GRE and GMAT
- Why do people put chlorine in pools
- What is property insurance
- How do I become a reporter
- Will P Chidambaram go back to prison?
- Why is there bad financial advice
- What do foreigners think of Chinese
- What is import duty
- Why does a government raise a tariff
- Bipolar hypersexuality is insatiable
- What experience made you stop playing?