Why do people make it difficult to lose weight
So if something sweet is eaten, the core temperature of the body increases, the digestive organs get going and the metabolism becomes active. However, if the calories are absent after the sweet taste has arrived, then - according to the scientists - all these actions of the body will also cease at some point.
The core temperature no longer rises, digestion no longer functions properly, nutrients are used more poorly and the body ultimately demands more and more food until weight control is simply no longer possible.
Also read: This is how I stop my hunger pangs
8. Glutamate paralyzes the feeling of satiety
Glutamate is a flavor enhancer that is now used as a condiment in almost all ready meals. This is not surprising, because this food additive gives every dish a particularly spicy and intense taste, which significantly increases the appetite.
Many scientists are now in agreement: Glutamate is partly responsible for the rapidly increasing number of overweight people worldwide. The reason for this is obvious, because glutamate incapacitates the feeling of satiety in the brain.
What some readers may not know is that glutamate is used in retirement homes to stimulate the appetite of residents. In the meantime, fewer and fewer restaurant chefs are seasoning without glutamate.
Glutamate is not only supposed to stimulate the appetite, but also suppress a hormone that has an influence on fat burning. An increased appetite and at the same time inhibited fat burning makes losing weight almost impossible.
Glutamate is hidden behind the following terms: E 620 to E 625, flavoring, aroma, yeast extract or nutritional yeast, granular broth. Go through your grocery stores and see how many products have one of these terms (or even several at the same time) on the label.
If lipedema is present, the usual diets and exercise are usually unsuccessful. In lipedema, the fat collects particularly on the hips, thighs and buttocks, rarely on the entire leg and even more rarely on the upper arms.
Lipedema is a pathological fat distribution disorder in which painful edema can also develop. Losing weight with normal measures only works where the lipedema is not, i.e. on the stomach, chest or face. A different concept is therefore required in lipedema, which we describe in our lipedema article.
Check out the factors that are hindering weight loss
Not all overweight people just eat way too much or eat the wrong things all the time. As you now know, there are several other possible causes that hardly anyone thinks about.
Unfortunately, there are only a few doctors who are aware of the above-mentioned relationships.
Therefore, you should take the initiative yourself. You can check some factors yourself and change them if necessary.
Ask a doctor you trust for any other possible cause. We hope that we have helped you a little to find the "why" and wish you successful weight loss in the future.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Hotamisligil GS, Spiegelman BM. "Tumor necrosis factor alpha: a key component of the obesity-diabetes link." Diabetes. 1994 Nov; 43 (11): 1271-8. (Tumor necrosis factor alpha: an integral part of the obesity-diabetes connection.)
- Bastard JP et al., "Recent advances in the relationship between obesity, inflammation, and insulin resistance." Eur Cytokine Netw. 2006 Mar; 17 (1): 4-12. (Recent advances in the relationship between obesity, inflammation, and insulin resistance.)
- Galic S, Oakhill JS, Steinberg GR. "Adipose tissue as an endocrine organ." Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010 Mar 25; 316 (2): 129-39. (Adipose tissue - an endocrine organ.)
- Harvard University "Why People Become Overweight"
- Dr. med. Michael Platt "The Hormone Revolution"
- Michael Hermanussen and Ulrike Gonder "Die Gefrässig-Macher"
- Swithers SE, Davidson TL., A role for sweet taste: calorie predictive relations in energy regulation by rats, Behav Neurosci, 2008, February, (A role for sweet taste: calorie predictive relationships in energy regulation in rats)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Can supermarket do things cheaper
- What are the different digital marketing strategies
- How much is the delivery on DoorDash
- Smoking deprives the brain of oxygen
- People with dementia forget things chronologically
- What color goes with peach
- Why are people always so loud
- What is the disadvantage of the vacation economy
- When did anorexia become an epidemic?
- Is Chevy Camaro a good car
- What attracts men to women 1
- Which is the best game for PC
- How does fast food affect the environment?
- How did Elon get rich
- What does educational disorder mean for you
- Christianity is dying in the US
- What is penny investing
- Basic questions asked in a fashion show
- How do I create an online magazine
- Are WTO tariffs mandatory
- Why does white go first in chess?
- What is the downside of 5g
- Could photons be dark matter
- Why do so many people hate you