Why is nutrition important
Why do we have to eat?
Eating is vital, just like breathing or sleeping. A healthy person can only survive a few weeks without eating. (Without fluids, it becomes life-threatening after a few days). But why? What does the body do with what we eat?
The human body consists of many tiny building blocks, the cells. They need certain nutrients to survive. They get it from the food we eat. To do this, what we eat must first be broken down into its smallest components. It starts with chewing. The spit in the mouth begins with digestion. If the chewed pulp is swallowed, it continues in the stomach. With the help of the stomach acid, the pulp is mixed more and more. When the stomach contents reach the small intestine, they are already broken down into the components that the body cells need for their work: protein, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins and minerals. The body can now bring these nutrients to the cells via the blood.
And what happens to the nutrients there?
The human body has to grow and develop. For this he needs nutrients. Proteins play a special role in this: they build new cells and repair old ones. This helps us to grow, among other things. Many proteins are found in milk, meat and fish.
But food is also a necessary source of energy. If we get too little of it, we feel limp and tired. In order to be efficient and astute, we must first and foremost provide the body with carbohydrates. They can be found in muesli or pasta, for example. Fat and protein also provide energy.
But it is also important that our body functions with all of its many processes. Vitamins and minerals are necessary for this. Without it, we'd get nervous or have muscle cramps.
So food is vital for our body. And so that all body processes work as they should, you should make sure that you eat a balanced and healthy diet. Good Ah! Ppetit!
- Could dark matter only be transparent matter
- Would you cancel the second amendment
- How is je ne sais quoi pronounced?
- How do I watch TV live
- Who does the Hulk fear
- What are the requirements for learning SQL
- Why did the Dementors follow Voldemort
- How to remove fingerprints from leather
- Bakeries have high returns
- How do I schedule bulk emails
- Why are there no black holes visible
- Why are pennies so small
- Decreases blood sugar levels
- What makes Sydney a city worth living in
- How do you think ahead in chess
- What is the future of gamification
- What are some alternatives for American cheese
- Why should I follow the school rules
- Who are the best writers from Hungary
- Where can I sell my gold
- Who is allowed into the Kaaba
- Does the online job search work
- What causes poverty in the environment
- What were your impressions of a visit to Russia