How is the fifth dimension defined?
American researchers have discovered a way to prove the existence of a fifth dimension outside of our ordinary universe. According to their considerations, the additional spatial dimension allows small black holes that formed during the Big Bang to exist to this day.
Durham (USA) - The effects of these black holes on the radiation of distant objects could already be detected with a satellite starting next year, the scientists explain in the journal "Physical Review D".
"Proof of the existence of a fifth dimension would radically change our understanding of the physical world," says Arlie Petters of Duke University in Durham. Together with Charles Keeton from Rutgers University, Petters studied the astrophysical consequences of a fifth dimension. "Such a fifth dimension would leave its traces in the radiation of so-called gamma outbreaks," he summarizes the results of the work.
The existence of a fifth dimension is predicted by some physical theories that attempt to combine relativity and quantum theory. In this our universe with its three spatial and one temporal dimensions is only a "membrane" in a higher dimensional cosmos. All particles and forces are trapped within this membrane - except for gravity. Therefore, the fifth dimension affects the existence of black holes.
The Big Bang should have created a large number of small black holes - their mass roughly corresponds to that of a small asteroid. In a four-dimensional universe, these mini-holes would have been dissolved by the so-called Hawking radiation. Not so in the membrane model - there the small black holes would still exist today. "If these black holes make up even one percent of dark matter, there could be a few thousand of them in our solar system," Petters calculates. The radiation from the gamma outbursts - huge explosions in distant galaxies - would break at these mini-holes like waves on a rock, according to the researcher. The Gamma-ray Large Area Space Telescope, an international satellite scheduled to launch in August 2007, could already demonstrate this "interference".
- How do people become xenophobic nationalists?
- How would you describe your teachers
- Is the AI overwhelmed in 2017?
- Software sales commission at startup
- Which is the best flavored cake
- What is the technical role
- How many Americans earn minimum wages
- Why couldn't Yugoslavia remain united like Italy?
- How does the Japanese language sound
- Why is your country rich or poor
- How do I find my passion love
- Which small businesses make the most money
- What is your opinion on educational games
- Boys wore shorts 100 years ago
- How did gold earn money value
- Why did Fitbit kill Coin
- How are soft-baked cookies made
- Why is marijuana harmful to your health?
- Courses in DataCamp are free
- Indonesia is the closest to the Philippines
- What is Quora's Blockquote Formatting
- Which affordable car does the girl get
- Support Obama gun control
- Has Africa contributed to the world economy