Is worth MS in the US
Medicines against multiple sclerosis have value for society as a whole
MS is a disease that usually begins in young adulthood. She meets people "in the middle of life" - for example, when they are about to start working or start family planning. “First and foremost, this affects the quality of life of patients, but it also burdens society as a whole in the form of increasing direct and indirect costs,” explains the association of research-based pharmaceutical companies bio (vfa bio).
As can be seen from its “Biotech Report 2019”, around 40 percent of patients aged 50 and over and 60 percent of the 60-year-olds affected are dependent on walking aids. “The average costs per patient and year are around 28,000 to 63,000 euros - depending on the severity of the disease.” Around a third of this is attributable to indirect costs that arise from productivity losses or early retirement.
Biopharmaceuticals - for the benefit of patients and society
According to vfa bio, drugs and course-modifying therapies (DMTs) "only account for a (small) part of the total costs for MS patients". Innovative drugs such as biopharmaceuticals can have a positive influence on the course of MS. For example, a German study with a biopharmaceutical showed that treatment with the preparation reduced hospital admissions by around 72 percent and the costs per hospital stay and patient by a good 78 percent.
"Through biopharmaceuticals, MS became specifically treatable for the first time - for the benefit of the patient and, with regard to the delay in the progression of the disability and the associated loss of productivity, also for the benefit of society as a whole," summarizes the vfa bio.
- What happens when the sun turns
- Time moves slower for clever people
- What is the future of WordPress
- What is our motive for life
- How many permutations does a word contain?
- What should you never love in life?
- Which animals are there only in the zoo?
- Who is the best Fortnite mobile player
- What happens during a near death experience
- Can the world exist without money
- How do transfers work
- Ultimate Guide to Starting the Amazon FBA Business
- What do you think of autistic people
- Keto diets are recommended
- How long can a man have sex
- How do you create a successful crypto currency
- What is the difference between algebra and analysis
- What does a book represent you
- Is playing in the casino fair?
- Why are newsletters important
- Could portals break physics?
- Should Singaporeans be perceived as honorific
- How hardworking are Singaporeans
- What is the Donald Trumps brand