How do you stop witchcraft
Put an end to the witch craze
Most of the victims are women
Belief in the supernatural is deeply rooted in tradition-conscious society. Women living alone are quickly accused of being responsible for all kinds of strokes of fate: illness, death or even crop failures. The Swiss nun Lorena Jenal knows the problem. She has been working in Papua New Guinea for 35 years. Most recently, an acquaintance of hers was accused of witchcraft and tortured. She eventually died of the serious injuries.
Educational work against the persecution of witches
Sister Lorena is now planning a broad-based program to raise awareness about superstition at all levels of society: in schools, families, village communities, with the police and in parishes. In addition to Sister Lorena, the team includes two other religious sisters from Switzerland, a catechist, a police officer, a village judge, two former victims and a church worker. In order to be able to be present throughout the villages, further volunteers are trained.
In addition to educational work, the victims should also receive immediate help: medically and emotionally, around the clock for the first few days after an incident.
The budget of 20,000 euros annually is used for fees, materials, accommodation costs, meals and transport costs.
Your donation helps to combat the terrible, inhuman tradition of witch hunt in Papua New Guinea. Thank you for your support.
- To whom was Exodus written?
- What determines one's personal hobbies and interests
- Why are signs and symbols important
- Is WordPress multisite network bad for SEO
- Is CISA worth a CA.
- Why should we respect national symbols
- Why is nutrition important
- How does an airlock work in space
- Are Alison Diploma courses generally accepted
- How is category theory used in linguistics
- Why am I not getting any bigger?
- In which country are teachers allowed to carry weapons?
- Can we use acupressure for asthma?
- Why is the sun expanding slowly
- Social media improves communication skills
- Can hypnotherapy help rid myself of sugar?
- What is Mixed Personality Disorder
- How did you find your true calling
- What is the worst hotel in Las Vegas
- What does muting do in the event of discord
- What's a blast in music
- How effective is SEO in increasing sales
- What is Gilbert Syndrome
- Can I watch Netflix for free?