Toothpaste can cause cancer
This is desirable, they say, because in the end you want to be sure that as many of the toothpaste ingredients as possible are absorbed. That may still apply to herbal extracts, but do we want the PEGs to clear the way for toxins such as parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate or triclosan than it already is?
Artificial sweeteners and sugar substitutes
If you look at the list of contents of toothpastes, you could also come to the conclusion that the production of such a toothpaste without sweeteners or sugar substitutes is completely impossible.
Obviously the consumer cannot be expected to brush his teeth with an unsweetened toothpaste - when he has got used to all the sweet snacks, the sweet soft drinks, the sugar-sweet ketchups, simply to an all-round sweet life.
The discussion about the harmlessness of artificial sweeteners and sugar substitutes is far from over.
The sugar substitute sorbitol, which can be found in some toothpastes, is said to have a certain potential to promote caries and is therefore clearly out of place in a toothpaste. The sweetener saccharin sweetens almost every conventional toothpaste and ensures that brushing your teeth - despite sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan and fluorides - is at least fun. After all, even piglets would not eat their industrial feed if it were not "refined" with sweeteners.
Titanium dioxide turns toothpaste white
Titanium dioxide is also often added to toothpaste. Titanium dioxide is a white pigment that turns toothpaste white. If it is added in the form of tiny nanoparticles, it can enter the body through the mucous membrane of the mouth and possibly have a carcinogenic effect there, but it can also weaken the immune system and - if it is swallowed - damage the intestinal and intestinal flora and promote inflammatory processes. You can read details in our article about the harmful properties of titanium dioxide.
Fortunately, we still have a choice and can opt for toothpastes that for the most part do without the mentioned questionable ingredients, e.g. B. the * toothpastes by nature Hurtig.
Make your natural toothpaste yourself
However, you can also make your own toothpaste from coconut oil yourself, especially since this is inexpensive and possible with little effort.
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Where did Jesus die
- What is the Fenoboci Diet
- What are some unresolved geographic puzzles
- Can we build a website using c ++
- Why do we need Markov chain
- Recapitulates ontogeny, phylogeny
- What is your aunt aunt for you
- Will God forgive sex before marriage
- Why should I choose digital signage software?
- What does Australia need
- Should I visit Pakistan for tourism
- Is the Sharia law justified?
- Is Australia a dangerous place to live
- Should I study BBA from PSB Singapore
- How can alcohol change your life
- What are the disadvantages of herbal medicine
- Vietnamese is harder to learn than Mandarin
- ADHD affects you or your children
- What do you have to say
- How does dry cleaning work
- How is MSC statistics course of the BHU
- Is Thailand a good country
- Is the UK economy better than Germany
- What is A2A and B2A