Which companies in Germany offer Visa sponsorship?

The J1 visa for an internship in the USA

Our program offers you the legally impeccable requirements for a legal internship or training in the USA. We have over 25 years of experience in international cultural exchange and, together with our US head office in San Francisco, offer uncomplicated and competent service.

Step 1: Find a company / organization / agency / law firm in the USA

Our J1 visa service is aimed at students, graduates and professionals who have an internship offer in the USA. Many internships are usually "passed on" to fellow students, others find free US internships on the Career Service or International Office pages of the university, in professional networks such as the German-American Lawyers Association, through individual unsolicited applications or through our placement program Internship USA.

For a good start in the company, it makes a professional impression when you tell your internship company that you have informed yourself about the legal questions of an internship in the USA. With Intrax you have found an experienced sponsoring organization for the J1 visa that does not bill your internship company in the USA.

Step 2: Apply for the DS-2019 pre-visa document

After the internship has been accepted, the eligibility for a J1 visa application is checked by an exchange organization. The successful verification will be with the DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility approved. The DS-2019 document may only be issued by a small number of US State Department-approved exchange organizations called “Legal Sponsors.” Our Intrax headquarters in San Francisco has been a US Department of State-recognized J1 sponsoring organization for over 25 years.

Find out in a printable PDF how you can receive your DS-2019 form!

Step 3: Apply for the J1 visa

The US Department of State defines an internship or training course (incl. Optional station) in the USA as a cultural exchange program through which the participants can get to know American professional life, working methods and the American way of life. J1 visas are therefore cultural exchange visas. After receiving the DS-2019 form, you can apply for the J1 visa for your internship in the USA at the American consulate in Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna or Bern.