Who attacked in New Zealand
Attacks on two mosques in New Zealand : Christchurch assassin has to be detained for the rest of his life
The Christchurch assassin is imprisoned for the rest of his life. Judge Cameron Mander sentenced the 29-year-old right-wing extremist from Australia to life in prison on Thursday with no possibility of early release. He also complied with the public prosecutor's request.
There has never been a sentence like this in New Zealand. Brenton Tarrant attacked two mosques in New Zealand in March 2019, killing 51 people. 50 others were injured, some of them life-threatening.
The perpetrator transmitted the meticulously planned massacre to the Internet using a helmet camera. The crime is considered to be the worst in the recent history of the Pacific state. To this day, many survivors suffer from the consequences, are unable to work or have to live with severe pain. As a result, the government tightened gun laws.
[If you want the latest news live on your mobile phone, we recommend our completely redesigned app, which you can download here for Apple and Android devices.]
After the fact, Brenton Tarrant initially pleaded not guilty, but in March suddenly pleaded guilty to all charges. There was therefore no main hearing. He was charged with 51 murders, 40 attempted murders and terrorism. The extremist is the first accused to be convicted under the Terrorism Suppression Act of 2002.
He had previously refrained from expressing himself in court. The announcement allayed months of fears that the defendant might use the courtroom as a platform to spread his right-wing extremist views. Instead, a compulsory attorney read out a brief statement.
In the past few days, more than 80 survivors and bereaved families made statements in court. They often addressed the perpetrator directly in emotional statements. Many had urged the judge to imprison the assassin forever. (dpa)
- Is foreign income taxable in India
- What is delusional thinking
- Daily drinking of soda causes health problems
- Is wine bad for our livers
- Which countries are accepting Syrian refugees?
- When does MIT announce early measures?
- What happened to smallholders in America
- Which two languages are most related
- What is 339 in inches
- Why do you convert to another religion?
- Kills Google Ads Facebook Ads
- Who was Michael Faraday
- How much is land in the philippines
- Can a person with heart disease quickly
- How will fashion be in 2020
- Is it a choice to be neurotic?
- What is the best course in Ignou
- Friends is the funniest TV show ever
- How does face recognition technology work
- How do I contact the McDonalds Complaints Department
- Is Thailand a good country
- What are the cons of a motherboard
- How can I learn deep learning quickly
- How do I increase blogspot traffic
- Friends can replace family
- How can I be sympathetic to people
- Why is human development required
- What are building materials 2
- How do I install the Facebook Pixel
- Who are the best writers from Hungary
- Why does the Czech Republic not use the euro
- Who is bigger The Beatles or BTS
- Will Westbrook go to the Cavaliers
- Bakeries have high returns