How to calculate asphalt in tons
Calculate the weight of asphalt
How to calculate the weight of asphalt
Asphalt is a bulk product and must therefore be measured according to volume and / or weight. This is just as much the case with the construction of the stone composite as it is with its disposal.
Order asphalt by weight
When ordering asphalt mix for the creation of solid pavements, weight is the decisive factor. It is calculated based on the specific weight of bituminous asphalt - the only type of asphalt that is still permitted for construction today.
According to the Bavarian State Office for Statistics and Data Processing, the specific weight of bituminous asphalt is an average of 1.8 tons per cubic meter. One ton of asphalt therefore gives 0.53 cubic meters of volume. So for a construction project, you have to
a) calculate the required volume and
b) determine the weight to be ordered from this
The volume of road surfaces is calculated using the usual volume calculation formula length x width x height.
Example: A pavement 5 m long, 1.50 m wide and 0.05 m thick has a volume of 0.375 cubic meters. According to the rule of three, the conversion factor is 2.6666666667. 0.375 cubic meters divided by this value gives 0.140625 tons of weight.
Dispose of asphalt by weight
When you dispose of asphalt, you not only have to estimate the volume for the container to be ordered, but usually also the filling weight, for which a maximum permissible limit is usually set. You must ask your recycling center where this is. The disposal companies often also offer overview tables with the permissible filling weights depending on the container size and type of container (drop-off or roll-off container).
You must also calculate the weight of the asphalt to be disposed of using the volume and use the conversion factors mentioned above. Alternatively, you can also use overview tables from asphalt manufacturers and suppliers or from disposal companies. The weight values of common areas and covering thicknesses can be read off directly or used as control values.
There are also some helpful overviews on the Internet for converting cubic meters to tons and vice versa.
- How do some people love to lie?
- Is breast milk vegan
- What are the parts of a church
- Which meal has exactly 500 calories
- Does the universe itself exercise gravity?
- Do girls enjoy beating up boys?
- Why is CO2 the best fire extinguisher
- Is it possible to overdose on marijuana?
- What is the best IDE for Erlang
- What exactly sexually arouses a woman
- How do I settle in Dubai
- What is a previous flow
- What gang is 21 Savage associated with
- Should I drink glucose water between workouts?
- Qatar is part of the UAE
- Why are government officials paid high
- Reading novels is forbidden in Islam
- Where do blog posts appear on Quora
- Dark matter can be alive
- Why do cats ignore us
- What does data mining include
- Why are climbers stronger than bodybuilders
- Are autonomous mobile robots safe
- Why don't beta blockers kill you
- Are double shotguns out of date 1
- Why is Amway legal
- Why are women so obese now
- How do you encourage employees
- You can make raisins at home
- The space expands the evidence of dark matter
- What is closed economy and open economic
- Are you happy right now?
- Why do Americans love capitalism
- Is takeaway Chinese food healthy